Oneself

When humans commit righteous acts, such as doing good deeds & following the commands of Allah (swt), it helps them to become more angelic.

On the other hand, when humans commit evil acts, such as lying, gossiping, jealousy, etc. It'll turn them animalistic and less human like.

Imam Sadiq (as) said, 'Just like how you wash your body with water to clean it, you also need to purify your heart with piety.'

Humans have a purpose for their existence and life. They have no choice but to find out about it, otherwise, they'll live a life filled with confusion & uncertainty.

The purpose of our life and existence!

How can we understand the meaning of this sentence? We must think about it!

What are some of the steps for finding out:

-First: What is the purpose for our Creation? We should know the meaning.

- Second: To reach that goal, we must take steps towards it, out of our own free will and move in that direction.

- At the end: The path becomes clear and obvious, that if we did understand it, we would seek that destination.

These three questions are something that every human must ask themselves!

1. Why am I created?

2. What is the purpose of my life?

3. And how do I reach that destination that I'm created for?

The answer to these questions needs a lot of explanation. But in simple terms, Allah (swt) has made the path easy for us and gave us the answer in Holy Quran and through Prophet (saw) and 12 Imams (Leaders) so that after studying and learning, we find our path and reach our destination.

In Qur'an, Allah (swt) has mentioned, "And I did not create the Jinn and Mankind except to worship me." [Surah Ad-Dhariyat 51:56]

Some people after reading this Ayah may think by this Ayah, Allah (swt) wants us to only do our daily prayers and believe in Allah (swt). And it's considered worshipping Allah (swt).

No, this is wrong! Allah (swt) does not need anything and doesn't gain anything by our worship.

It is very wrong to think that Allah wanted us to bend ourselves and do Sujud only and that is why he created us!

So, what is the meaning of this Ayah?

In Ayahs of Holy Quran, it has already been mentioned about the purpose of creation of Humans.

In Surah Al-Mulk, it has been mentioned, "[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best indeed. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving."

Allah (swt) has created us to test us and to see which of us is best in our deed.

Allah expects us to worship him only, when the other Ayah says to test you which of you is the best in your deed, it means, the best in their deed is the one who worships Allah (swt) better!

In Qur'an, it's mentioned, "Except when your Lord has given mercy, and for that He Created them." [Surah Hud 11:119]

This Ayah shows that Allah has created humans for a special mercy that other creatures don't have the capacity to understand it; only humans and maybe up to a small degree Jinns are able to understand that mercy!

So, the meaning of; 'And I did not create you except to worship me.' Is that if you want to obtain that mercy that is the highest stage of mercy and no other creatures is competent to understand it, the way is to worship!