Generosity

✦⋆· Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "Allah (swt) has made generosity the greatest moral virtue."

● "Allah has created every single vicegerent of His with generosity as their natural disposition."

● "The generous person is close to Allah, close to people and close to Paradise."

● "Relinquish the generous person's sin for verily Allah takes him by the hand every time he slips."

● "The most generous of people is he who fulfils payment of the alms-tax due upon him."

● "Allah (swt) is the most merciful & generous. Amongst the children of Adam, I am the most generous. After me, the most generous person is the one who learn religious Islamic teachings and then spread it amongst people. He/She is the most generous person and considered an Ummah on their own."

✦⋆· Imam Ali (as) said, "Generosity is a means of nearness [to Allah]."

● "Generosity is that you contribute willingly from your own wealth and restrain yourself from other people's wealth."

● "Generosity is to help a deserving person without his request, and if you help him after his request, then it is either out of self-respect or to avoid rebuke."

● "Be generous but not extravagant, be frugal but not miserly."

● "The heart can only be made use of [to the best of its capacity] with generosity."

● "Generosity is the fruit of the intellect, and contentment is the proof of magnanimity."

● "Generosity cultivates love."

● "Generosity imparts love and adorns one's character."

● "Overlook and forgive the weaknesses of the generous people because if they fall down, Allah will help them."

✦⋆· Imam Sadiq (as) said, "Generosity is one of the noble traits possessed by Prophets. It is the pillar of belief, such that only a true believer will be generous, as well as one who possesses great certainty and high aspiration, for generosity is a gleam from the light of certainty, and the one who knows what he wants finds it easy to give away."

● "The best ones from among you are those who are liberal and the worst ones from among you are the miserly."

● "A generous youth burdened by sins is more beloved to Allah than a worshipping but miserly old man."

● "The kind and generous person is he who spends his wealth for a right cause."

● "Generosity is when the act of giving is initiated. When it is prompted by a request however, it is merely out of a sense of embarrassment or obligation."

✦⋆· Imam Reza (as) said, "The generous person partakes of other people's food in order that they may [feel comfortable to] partake of his food, whereas the miser does not partake of others' food so that they may not eat from his."

✦⋆· Imam Hassan Askari (as) said, "Generosity has a set limit, and if taken to extremes becomes squandering."