Prayer

✦⋆· Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "Everything has a face, and the face of your religion is the prayer."

● "He whose prayer does not prevent him from indecencies and wrong only gets further and further away from Allah."

● "It only takes for a Muslim to deliberately abandon the performance of the daily obligatory prayer or to not perform it out of carelessness, for him to become an infidel (kafir)."

● The Prophet (saw), when he was asked about humbleness in prayer, said, "It is to abase oneself in the prayer, and for the servant to come to his Lord wholeheartedly."

● "The prayer of one who does not humble himself in his prayer does not count."

● "As long as you are praying, [know that] verily you are knocking at the door of the Almighty King, and the King's door opens for whoever knocks persistently thereat."

● The Prophet (saw) said with regards to a man who prays in spite of committing sins, "Verily his prayer will prevent him [from them] some day or other, and then he will soon repent."

● "Verily the pillar of religion is the prayer. It is the first thing to be considered from amongst the deeds of man, so if his prayer is valid, the rest of his deeds will be considered, and if his prayer is void, then the rest of his deeds will not be taken into consideration."

● "Whoever performs his prayer with full knowledge of the right due to it is forgiven."

● "Allah, Exalted be His praise, has made prayer the light of my eyes, and has made prayer as beloved to me as food is to a hungry man, and water to a thirsty man. The hungry man, however, is satiated when he eats, and the thirsty man is quenched when he drinks, but I can never be sated by my prayer."

● "Prayer elicits the descent of divine mercy."

● "If you were to pray so much that you became [as thin as strings] and fasted so much that you [bent over] as arches, Allah would not accept any of it unless it was accompanied by piety."

● "The worth of a man with respect to his religion is measured by his diligence to keeping up his daily prayers [at their specific times]."

● "The one who is deliberately aware of who is on his left and who is on his right is not counted as having prayed."

● "The prayer of one who does not complete the bowing and prostration is not counted."

● "Allah does not accept the prayer of the servant whose heart is not present alongside his body."

● "Two simple units of prayer performed with contemplation are better than standing the whole night in prayer."

● "Verily the servant performs a prayer where neither a sixth nor a tenth of it may be accepted. Verily only that part of his prayer is accepted from him wherein he was fully conscious."

● "Whoever backbites a Muslim man or woman, Allah, most High, neither accepts his prayer nor his fasting for forty days until his victim has forgiven him."

● "Verily the prayer of one who drinks alcohol is not counted for forty days."

● "Shaytan is afraid of a Muslim who always does his obligatory prayers on time. But the moment, he fails to do so, Shaytan will dare & try to make him commit major sins.

✦⋆· Hazrat Fatimah Zahra (as) said, "Allah made the prayer incumbent in order to eliminate one's pride."

✦⋆· Imam Ali (as) narrated, "The Prophet (saw) never put anything before his prayer, neither his dinner nor anything else. When the time for prayer would set in, it was as if he knew neither family nor close friend."