•Christmas Special•

•3rd person POV•

Christmas.

A day where people spend a cold winter with their loved ones, exchanging gifts, embracing one another while sharing a smile or two, and spreading the cheers and joys of this jolly day.

In conclusion, people love Christmas. Well. Except for one.

Lee Kyungji. The newest Twice member.

The girl that grew up hating Christmas.

Said girl is walking around the busy streets as the clock grew closer to Christmas Eve. People rush to buy last minute gifts while the others rushed home to see their loved ones. While her? She took her time. She enjoyed the coldness of winter that reflected her personality.

For her, it wasn't just Christmas.

It was also her birthday.

As a child she didn't really celebrate her birthday, it's the same for her siblings. Her parents made her think that such festive event is a waste of time and money. So for the four Lees, they've never celebrated their birthdays or any holidays. Since it was deemed pathetic and useless.

But that isn't why she hates Christmas.

Merely because it reminded her of a girl. A special girl that would always be there for her. A special girl that meant the entire world for her. But the girl left, the girl left her alone in the cold. Kyungji couldn't blame the girl, she wasn't really a good partner to begin with. She doesn't like PDA or being romantic, she likes being minimal with her affection.

But that's the reason why she left. The girl had enough loving a stone.

Kyungji takes a turn that leads her to small forest near the city. She lets out a sigh as she drags her legs to traverse the tall banks of snow while avoiding any sheets of ice that could cause her to fall. She needed to get there. Kyungji clumsily bumped into a tree, causing her to drop a small bag that she held. That bag was meant for her, but she chickened out on giving it to her once they made eye contact with each other.

Kyungji looked back at the small red paper bag and just decided to leave it there. What's the point anyways? she thought as she panted to climb the tall snowy hill.

"Al....most....there...." Kyungji pushed herself further. Her feet may be frozen, but at last, she arrived her destination.

It was a hidden cliff that no one could find except for Kyungji, her siblings and her. There was a white piano that is lightly covered by snow with a sheet of ice near by.

Kyungji made her was towards the piano and dusted off the snow before opening it. She pressed a key and found it surprising that it's still in tune. She played every key to make sure, and she was correct. Kyungji dusted off the snow off of the piano bench and dragged it near the piano before taking off her gloves.

It gave her chills in her spine once the cold air made contact with her warm fingers. It made her fingers slightly stiff, but it didn't matter. She played the corresponding keys to play her favorite song for this day.

Miracles in December.

She closes her eyes and let's herself drown in the festive but sorrowful song. It matched her view on Christmas.

Without her knowledge of her surroundings, there were four people following her. One of them holding the abandoned red paper bag. They watched form a far as they could feel the pain and sadness of the young girl.

[KJ] boiji anhneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseuda
deulliji anhneun neol deureuryeo aesseuda

One of them couldn't hold it in anymore and revealed them self. The first one stood at the right side of the piano.