trip | gray

your grandparents wanted to take you and a couple of your friends on a trip before it was time to go back to school. you had invited your boyfriend, grayson, and your best friends ethan and r/n, who just so happened to be dating as well. it was only the third day there and you had four more days to go when you and grayson had gotten into a nasty argument. 

"seriously y/n?" grayson came into the camper, holding his broken camera in his hand as you had accidentally dropped it. "do you not take care of other people's belongings?" he yelled at you and you flinched at the tone in his voice. 

"grayson i'm sorry, i've said sorry about thirty times now. i don't know what you want from me!" you said raising your voice at him. 

he scoffed, "you're a fucking bitch," he spat at you as he walked out of the camper. your heart had sunk to your stomach as you felt ill, you didn't mean to drop his camera but ethan had scared you while you were taking pictures and then it was dropped and it broke. 

you sat around the camp fire, your grandma and grandpa having fun with the s'mores as you sat next to them, grayson and ethan and r/n all sat on the other side. you shivered at the cold contact that came to the side of your body, ethan leaned over to grayson, whispering something in his ear as your eyes moved from grayson to the fire. the fight had played in your head for the past three days, the name he had called you hurt and you couldn't have a good time like you had wished you would. 

"i'm going to go get some sleep, i'm feeling a little tired," you said to your grandparents, not telling your friends what was going on. you walked inside the camper, sitting down on the bed as you put your head in your hands, taking in a deep breath. the door to the camper had opened and you quickly sat up and was ready to greet whoever had walked in. 

you saw that it was grayson and he gave you a soft smile, "hey," he said and you smiled at him. "i'm sorry," he said and you bit the inside of your lip. 

"yeah," you mumbled and started playing with your fingers. 

"look at me," he said sitting across from you, lifting your head with his finger. your eyes made contact with his as he began to speak, "i'm sorry for calling you a bitch, that was wrong on my part. ethan told me how the camera broke and i shouldn't have been so harsh," he was apologizing. "i'm a horrible boyfriend," he mumbled and you shook your head. 

you took in a breath, "you're not a horrible boyfriend grayson. yes this was a dumb argument, yes hurtful things were said but that's not cause you're a horrible boyfriend," you said and he sighed. 

"can you forgive me?" he asked and you nodded. you stood up and straddled him as your pressed your lips against his. "oh how i've missed those lips," he mumbled as he picked you up and put you on the bed, still kissing you.