not the one | eth

you sat on ethan's bed, just playing around on your phone as ethan was in the bathroom. you and ethan had been best friends for a while and you wanted to tell him that you had a crush on him, but he was currently dating heather. "so what are we doing tonight?" he asked walking into his room and you shrugged. 

"we missed our movie night last week, we can watch movies," you said and he nodded. 

"yeah sorry about that, heather was having problems and i just had to go and make sure she was okay," he said and you nodded. 

you sat up quickly, "before we watch the movie i have something to tell you," you said and he furrowed his eyebrows but put his attention on you. you thought about hesitating but then you just went for it, "i like you ethan. like, like like you," you said and he chuckled. 

"i know," he said and you furrowed your eyebrows. "you're always extra happy around me and you blush a lot around me. you're pretty obvious with crushes," he said and you nodded. "but i'm with heather," he said and you felt like your heart was crushed the words that left his mouth. 

"so you really like heather then," you said getting a little sad and he nodded. 

he sat down in front of you, "don't get me wrong, you're an amazing girl. i can always just chill and have a fun time with you. you're hilarious and there's someone out there for you but-"

you cut him off, "but i'm not her. i'm not heather," you clarified and he nodded his head slightly. 

"i just don't have feelings for you like that, i'm not the one for you y/n. you deserve someone amazing and i know you'll find him, but it's not me," he said and you smiled. 

you felt dumb for telling ethan, "i think i should go. it's getting late and i have to meet up with some people early in the morning," you said and ethan frowned. he said your name quietly as you got up and put your shoes on, "i'll see you later," you said leaving his room and rushing to your car.