surprise | eth

a/n: this doesn't flow like i wanted it too...

you had thought ethan was cheating on you. he had been distant, not hanging out with you a lot. he was on his phone more and when you tried to look he would turn it away from you or turn it off. "hey," you said walking into the living room, sitting next to ethan, who was on his phone.

"hi," he said turning his phone off.

"can we talk?" you asked and he nodded, playing with the hem of his shirt. "are you cheating on me?" you asked blatantly and he looked up at you, eyebrows furrowed.

he licked his lips, "why would you even ask that?"

you sighed, "well you're distant, you're checking your phone constantly and when i'm around you turn it away or turn it off. it's kinda shady," you said and he nodded.

"i don't know what to say," he mumbled and you nodded.

"okay," you said getting up and going to the bedroom. you packed a bag for one night and was planning to go to your parents house.

"where are you going?" ethan asked noticing the bag in your hand.

"you have some thinking to do, clearly. i'm giving you space tonight, i will see you tomorrow to talk," you said and he shook his head.

he smiled to himself, "let me drive you at least," he said.

"sure," you said not really in the mood to get an uber or call someone. he had gotten his shoes on and grabbed his car keys, the two of you driving to your parents house. the car ride was silent and uncomfortable for you.

ethan got out the car, "i'll walk you up," he said and you sighed, still not wanting to turn him down.

"okay," you said slowly. once you walked into the house, it was dark. ethan turned on the lights and everyone came out yelling 'surprise!' you jumped, startled at the unexpected yelling. "wrong person, it's not my birthday," you laughed slightly.

"no it's for you, the reason i've been so distant and on my phone is because i've been working on getting you to go on tour with us. it was a yes and your parents said yes, so you're going on tour with us!" he said and you jaw dropped. you jumped up, him catching you as you pulled him into a kiss.

"i'm sorry for thinking," you said and he shook his head.

"it's alright babe," he said kissing your once more. "surprise!"