suffocating | gray

inspired by skam's william and noora

you adjusted the black turtle neck to fit more comfortable around your neck. you picked up a yellow flower as you waited for grayson by a tree, you soon saw the tall boy walking towards you. his phone was in his hand, a gray long sleeve fit his torso perfectly as he wore blue jeans and his converse. 

you dropped the yellow flower and wiped your hands on your dark wash jeans, "want to go for a walk?" he asked and you and you nodded. you both headed in the same direction, grayson picking up a stick along the way as he began hitting the ground with it. 

"i can't be with you," you broke the silence and he stopped furrowing his eyebrows. "i can't be with a guy who smashes bottles on other people's heads," you said. 

"don't do this y/n," grayson said and you shook your head.

"you're violent grayson! you solve things with violence," you said slightly scared of the boy in front of you. 

"yeah well you can't have peace and solution with no violence y/n. you have to fight to show that you're completely serious, you have to fight to survive. that's how our human race has survive! we fight, violence is the answer," he said raising his voice. you stayed silent unsure of what to say, he sighed, "i love you," he said.  

"yeah but i need a little bit of space, to think everything through! i can't think straight when i'm with you, everything is just so messy in my head. i feel like i'm suffocating!" you said trying to get your point across to grayson. 

"if you want space," he stepped closer to you, your foreheads touching as you closed your eyes taking in the moment. "then you'll get space," he said walking away from you. you took in a deep breath, blinking away the tears that had just started to form.