ghost town | gray

you sighed as you walked down to the school to pick up your brother. "y/n!" he yells for you as he exited the small house-like building. you smiled as you pulled him in for a hug. "steve went to work in the mines today, with father," y/b/n said. 

steve was one of the best miners here in halcyon and your father was one of the most respected men in the town, so when your father asked steve if he would take your hand in marriage - steve of course said yes. you were one of the most gorgeous girls in halcyon, so anyone who passed on marrying you, was stupid. 

"can we go to the stable, i want to see some of the horses," y/b/n said and you nodded. you waved goodbye to mrs. katherine, the teacher as you walked towards the stable. 

when you got there you noticed a new face, a charming face. he had brown hair that was styled beautifully, his brown eyes shined in the sun. the way his body fit his clothes showed he was toned and muscular. "hi," he said causing you to get out of your day dream. 

you looked away and smiled, "hi, is it alright for my brother to see the horses?" you asked and he nodded. your brother ran up to a an all brown horse, he was named chocolate. "you're new here," you said and the guy nodded. 

"yeah, we moved here a few weeks ago. my father is looking for business," he said and you nodded. "i'm grayson," he said reaching out his hand. you gently placed yours in his and he kissed your knuckles causing you to blush. "you're y/n, daughter of y/f/n" he said and you nodded. 

"so you've heard," you said and he nodded. 

ever since that day, you and grayson became the best of friends. you would make up every excuse to go and see him, and between the two months that you had known each other - you had learned so much about each other. he learned you were supposed to be marrying steve, however you disliked the person he was. you learned that his mother trained his sister to be a house-wife, working in the kitchen constantly. his father and twin brother, were mining and since he was younger, he stayed in town. 

it was safe to say that you had fallen head-over-heels for the boy that had just moved to halcyon and he had fallen for the most gorgeous girl in town. "i'm supposed to be a married woman tomorrow," you said as you laid on the dusty floor that was covered with a blanket. you laid there with grayson, he arms around you safely as your head lay on his bare chest. 

you had just given him your post prized possession, your virginity and grayson's heart sunk at the thought of you not able to be his after you married steve tomorrow. "run away with me," he said and you lifted your head, looking at him. "we can go, just you and i right now," he said. 

you looked away from him, "i can't," you said quickly. 

"why not?"

"my brother, my family - everyone i know is here," you said and grayson nodded his head. "your family is here," you continued. 

he licked his lips as he sat up and leaned against his elbows, "we can come back and visit. stay in touch with them, i know ethan wouldn't mind if we stayed in touch," and you chuckled. 

"ethan loves you probably more than me, he wouldn't just be fine with you up and leaving," you said and grayson sighed, feeling like you weren't going to change your mind. 

he sighed, "i love you and i only want to be with you. i know you don't want to marry steve so just be with me," he said and you nodded. 

"okay, but i need to say good-bye," you said and he nodded his head. you got up and began getting dressed, grayson doing the same thing. once you were dressed you placed a firm kiss on his lips, "i love you grayson," you said and he smiled as he said those three words back. you quickly walked to your home, sitting in the kitchen area as you wrote a letter to your parents, setting it on their nightstand before going to your brother's room. you lightly shook him awake, "hey," you said softly. 

"why are you dressed?" he asked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. 

"i'm going away for a while," you whispered, tears stinging your eyes. "i'll come back for you, okay?" he nodded his head pulling you in for a hug. 

"i love you sister, be safe," he said and you smiled at the boy, kissing his head. you ran quickly to the stable, seeing grayson packing up a carriage. you helped so you could get out of there faster, and once grayson was he helped you up. he told you that ethan said he would keep you in touch with your little brother and that he wished safe passages for the both of you. 

"ready?" he asked and you nodded.

"wait," you said and he looked at you. "will you marry me? in the new town," you said and he pulled you in for a kiss. 

he pulled away and pecked your lips again, wanting to keep kissing you, "i'll marry you right now," he said and you smiled. "y/n dolan will become official the minute we get into a new town," he said and you smiled, looking back as the carriage began to move.