you're divorced but have children

part two

ethan:

"this is the time to negotiate, we have to agree to something or else this goes to court for a custody battle," your lawyer said and you nodded. he opened the door and allowed you to walk in first, you saw ethan and his lawyer talking among themselves. you greeted the two as you all introduced yourselves to one another.

ethan's lawyer cleared his throat, "so let's get right into it. we are here because mr. dolan would like to spend more time with your guys' children. i understand they are with you most of the time ms. y/l/n and he gets to see them one every few weeks," he said and you nodded.

as the four of you talked it out, you agreed on joint custody. you switch on holidays and you share their birthday, every two weeks the kids switch houses. you thanked your lawyer as you began walking to your car, "y/n!" you heard your name and saw ethan. you stopped, a small smile on your lips, "sorry it has to be this way. i just want to bond with them," he said and you nodded.

"it's all good," you said.

"you look good," he said and you shook your head.

"don't do that ethan," you said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "i'll see you next week when i drop the twins off," you said walking away to your car.

grayson:

you walked to the front door, opening it and smiling as you saw grayson. "hey gray, come on in," you said opening the door. grayson nodded and walked in, "james is waiting for you, he's in the backyard with dean," you said and he followed you to the backyard.

"daddy!" james yelled as he ran towards grayson jumping in his arms. you smiled watching the two greet each other, suddenly getting a little sad because you remembered the moment grayson asked for a divorce.

you felt a hand on the small of your back and you smiled at dean, "um grayson this is dean my boyfriend, dean this is grayson my ex-husband," you introduced to the two. grayson shook his hand and before you could start up a conversation you heard a timer go off in the kitchen. "james, do you want to come help me?" you asked and he nodded.

you took him to the kitchen and every know and then you would look out the window and see grayson and dean talking. "i finished mixing the sauce mommy. can i go back outside with daddy?" james asked and you nodded. you cooked in silence soon feeling arms around your waist.

"grayson, he's something else," dean said and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"why do you say that?" you asked.

"i mean just his whole lifestyle. it's nothing i would've expected you to go for," he said and you felt slightly offended. "i think he may have feelings for you still, he asked me what my intentions were with you and went on for a while telling me how great you are. didn't he want the divorce?" dean asked and you smiled. "i mean if he does have feelings i don't blame him, you're fantastic," he said and you turned around, looking at the blonde.

you sighed, "i don't think this is going to workout dean," you said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "i'm just not ready to move on i guess," you explained and he nodded. "i just need a some time to think," you said and he sighed.

"okay beautiful." he said grabbing his jacket and leaving the house.

you looked at grayson and smiled as you saw him looking at you through the window. you walked outside, "this is a little awkward but dean and i are taking a break now. you're welcome to stay for dinner," you said and he nodded, walking closer to you. you stood there and took in a deep breath, your heart pounding as he kissed you.