I needed some form of liquid, so I just grabbed it and guzzled it down.

It was so good! It was sweet, with a slight tanginess, and it slid right down my throat. I felt better immediately. How strange!

"This drink....it tastes....familiar?"

"It's the most common drink from our world. It's relaxing, and energizes you. It's made from plants and flower extracts and fruits. Amazing, huh?"

He smiled at me.

Seeing him smile made me feel a little bit better at least....then I remembered everything they had just said.

I took a few deep breaths, and started with my questions.

"Ok, so supposing I believed you, would you answer my questions?"

"Of course highness!" Duckie said.

"Ok, stop it right there. Do not call me that. My name is Ellie."

"As you wish, your highn-um, Ellie."

"Right. So, can you prove any of this?"

"We have a few things to prove it, but nothing definite to convince you, I'm afraid." Said Ryan. "Here, this is the newspaper article from the day after you were taken." He handed me a scarp of paper. I read the headline and story.

"Princess Elandra Kidnapped! King and Queen Looking to Others for Help."

'King Padias and Queen Madrias were heartbroken last week when the found their youngest daughter, Elandra, had been kidnapped. They have looked all over, and have people searching the entire kingdom and outer provinces for the missing princess. The King's right hand man, Count Difabuios, had been tasked with going above to the human realm to see if she is there. Our hopes, prayers, and best wishes go to the royal family, as they search for their missing daughter."

I stared at the paper, shocked. Next to the article, there was a picture of a baby girl playing on a man's lap. It was the same man from the portrait downstairs....and the baby girl was.....ME!!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!!!!! It's true!!

"H-how did you find me?" I asked them.

"Remember that day in the woods when you caught me starring at you through the bushes? And then again later at your house?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah..."

"Well, we've had people up here since the week you were taken, searching for girls your age who have brown hair and green eyes. There are hundreds of them. We finally got a lead that there might be a girl who could be the princess in this area, so we started scouting it out. When I saw you on the trail, I knew right away it was you. You even have the royal birthmark on your left shoulder."

I looked at my left shoulder. There were four freckles, close together, forming a diamond shape. I'd always thought it was cool.

"So I followed you to you house to find out more."

"But, my parents? My family? Wait! My mom seemed to know something was going on when I told her about you following me! Does she know??"

"No." Duckie answered me. "When Count Baylan brought you up here, he told the orphanage that you were special, and that bad people would be coming for you someday. He knew we would find you eventually. She probably must think I was one of the bad people he mentioned."

"Why would he take me though?"

"Because he used to have my job," said Duckie. "But he was caught stealing from the royal treasury, and was fired. He holds a grudge to your father and to your family for humiliating him, and he tried to get back at your father by stealing you."