Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Hermione ran towards her fiancé who had just fallen to the floor to his death. "Avada Kadavra!" Hermione yelled and killed the death eater who killed Fred.

She dropped to her knees by Fred's dead body and sobbed. "Wake up Fred!" She yelled and patted him on the face. "Fred wake up! Please wake up!" she cried and looked him. She slumped over his body and sobbed into his chest, wetting his shirt. "Fred." She muttered and looked at him. He was dead. His eyes were glossy and stared without seeing. "Fred I'm so sorry. I love you so much." She cried hysterically. A warm hand went to her shoulder and she turned around. Harry was standing there, tears forming in his own green eyes.

Hermione stood up and hugged her best friend and let the tears fall onto his ripped shirt. "I'm so sorry Hermione." He whispered in her ear.

She looked up and saw Ginny crying into Ron's shoulder. Ron had a blank expression. So many of the Weasley's had died already.

Mrs. Weasley walked over to Ron and Ginny. "What's wrong?" She asked, her expression worried.

"Fred." Ginny managed to choke out as she sobbed. Mrs. Weasley turned around and gasped. She ran to her son who was on the floor and hugged him, looking at his face.

"Fred!" She patted his face. "FRED!" Hermione pulled away from Harry's embrace and looked at the battle. She had to fight. For Fred.

She tugged on Harry's shirt and motioned to grab Ginny and Ron. "I'm so sorry Ginny." Hermione sobbed as she hugged her best friend. "I'm so sorry. But we have to fight. For Fred. Now, let's go break Voldemort's shield!" The four whipped there wands out and ran to where Voldemort stood.

They shot spell after spell at the shield, hoping to break through it. Soon, everyone caught on and helped. All the good people were trying to break the shield while the death eaters were trying to stop them. Harry put a force field around the good people and allowed for them to shoot spells out of it but no let spells get in.

There was a crack in the barely visible, transparent shield. Harry urged everyone to hit at that specific spot, as they were doing so, one of the death eaters set off another bomb, it crashed down another wall and brook Harry's shield.

He felt himself being buried under all the rubble, he saw Hermione as she fell under it too and she called for his name.

"Hermione!" He called and then he hit his head and blacked out. Hermione felt herself being covered in stuff and everything went dark, but she wasn't passed out, the light was just blocked.

"Harry. Ron. Ginny." She croaked out and coughed. Someone reached there hand into the wreckage and grabbed Hermione's arm and pulled her up.

"Luna!" Hermione said and flung herself onto Luna for a hug.

"Hermione! Are you okay?"

"I think-" she coughed "-I'm okay. Ron, Harry and Ginny are in there and some other people were hit too."

"Okay." Luna looked for them and Hermione scanned the great hall. Voldemort was gone. Hermione grabbed her wand that was luckily in her jacket pocket. She lumped out of the great hall, un noticed.

"Harry!" She heard Luna shout from behind her and she looked to see Luna supporting am unconscious Harry. "Help someone!" Mrs. Weasley came rushing forward and set down Harry to see if he was alive.

Hermione sighed and continued walking outside. She covered her eyes as she walked past Fred's dead body. She couldn't look at him, it was torture. She saw Voldemort on the bridge, talking to fellow death eaters. This was it.