Chapter 7

A/N sorry for the shortness of this chapter...

Chapter 7

Hermione woke up Wednesday morning from the bright light peering through her bed room window. She turned around and saw Fred sleeping in her bed 'what the fu- oh right' she thought to herself. Last night. It was a good night.

She got up, wrapping one of the blankets around her, and went to the shower. Hermione let her hair down and scrubbed it. She heard the bathroom door open.

"Morning Love." Fred voice said and she heard him put the toilet seat up.

"Morning...."

"So how are you?" He asked, she could sense a smile in his voice.

"Great, and you?" She asked him.

"Wonderful, I wasn't expecting it but... It was great." He said and she heard the toilet flush, and she laughed.

"What do you want to do today?" Hermione asked him as she turned the water off. She got out of the shower and then pulled a towel over her, to stop Fred from staring.

"Umm, anything.... Actually I have work but-"

"I want to invite Ron over...." Hermione abruptly said after thinking about it. The couple left the bathroom.

"And why the hell would you want to do that?" Fred exclaimed, looking at her like she was crazy. "Mind you, he broke your heart."

"Yes but I still want to be friends and mind you, he is your brother!" Hermione said, getting on some jean shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt, due to the heat. "We need to talk:"

"Yeah but so is Percy."

"You guys made up and he is sorry about everything, he told you that."

"Yes but-"

"I'm inviting Ron and that sl-Lori over for dinner. You don't have to come but I would appreciate if you did."

"Aren't you mad at him still?" Fred questioned her and she thought about it.

"No, because now we are together." Hermione said cutely and Fred's expression lightened.

"You knew what? We just had our first fight." Hermione smiled and they kissed for a long moment.

"Well, I'm inviting Ron and Lori over tonight." She went to the owl and then turned back to him. "Please come Fred." And she started writing the letter.

Dear Ron and Lori,
I would like it very much if you would come to dinner at my house? I also have an announcement. I am thinking we eat at about 7:00? Send this owl back with a reply please, and consider this an 'I'm sorry dinner.' Hope to see you later.

Love,
Hermione

Once she was finished writing the letter, she handed it to an owl she bought herself a couple days ago. He was orange and reminded her of George, so she name him George.

Hermione was thinking of something- did she still like Ron? She was with Fred know. Hermione believes in everything happening for a reason so she stuck with that.

Fred left for work and she told him to be back by 6:30 pm all ready.

***

By 6:30 Hermione had dinner ready and Ron had replied saying the would love to come. Hermione put on the same dress she wore to the engagement, being the only dress she had.

Fred walked into the door ready at 6:45 and by 7:00, Ron and Lori had apparated to Hermione's house. Knock knock knock.
Fred answered the door which shocked Ron.

"Fred?" He asked as he went in. "Who else is here?" He asked, thinking Ginny and Harry might be here too.

Ron had moved in to a flat with Lori and Ginny moved into a flat with Harry.

"Just me and Mia." Fred said smiling as he guided them to the table.

"Mia?" Ron asked. Fred blushed, something he didn't do often.

"I meant Hermione." He mumbled. "Now if you'll take your seats, I'll go get Hermione." And he went to to the kitchen. Ron and Lori exchanged nervous glances.

Lori was wearing a short strapless red dress. It was really right and she also had black high heels, red lipstick and a big black Gucci bag.

Hermione walked out of the kitchen, holding turkey. Behind her was Fred struggling holding salad, potatoes and dinner rolls. Ron started laughing.

"Did you two forget that you went to Hogwarts?" He asked and Hermione blushed, Fred however laughed as he set down all the food.

"Wow." Lori said, that was the firsts thing she had said all night.

The four of them were seated and started piling there plates and Hermione started the conversation.

"So, how are thing a between you two?" Hermione asked.

"Great! Actually, I proposed!" Ron said excitedly as Lori showed off her ring. Hermione couldn't help but feel sad and she saw Fred's face and pretended like it didn't bother her.

"Great! When is the wedding?" Hermione exclaimed and Ron and Lori seemed to buy it but she wasn't sure if Fred did.

"We are thinking about the spring time, you know, next year and we were thinking about it and we would like you to be groomsmen and bridesmaids." Ron blurted it all out, getting a look from Lori, she got the feeling she wasn't wanted.

"Umm sure, yeah that would be great." Hermione said uncomfortably.

"Yeah cool, thanks." Fred said.

"Umm actually Ron, we wanted to tell you something, Fred and I are together..." She looked for a reaction on his face, she hoped he would be hurt by that but he just beamed.

"Cool! Hope you guys work out." He said and went back to eating.

After a great dinner and some awkward conversations it was 11:00 pm.

"Better get going," said Lori and she got up trying to help Hermione with the dishes.

"Oh I got it." Hermione said and casted a charm to make the table completely clean and all the dishes clean.

"We should meet up at a bar or something this weekend, ya know, invite Ginny, Harry maybe even Fleur and Bill, and Charlie, and god knows Percy could do with some loosening up." Ron said.

Hermione forced a smile "sounds like fun! How about Friday night?" She asked and much to Lori's dislike, Ron agreed and Fred shot Hermione a death glare that he instantly got back.

After the couple apparated Fed turned to Hermione.
"What was that?"

"What do you me-"

"Umm about Friday night, you should have told them we were busy!" Fred yelled, throwing his hands in the air and walking away.

"We aren't busy!" Hermione yelled back. "And they are our friends Fred!"

"Are you sure that's all you want Ron to be?" Fred said and whipped around to look at her. Hermione took a moment to register what he had said and then looked at him with an expression of disbelief.

"What does that mean!?" She said even though she knew perfectly well what he meant.

"I don't know Mia, you just- it seems like you still have feeling for him. "

"I can assure you that is not true! I love you Fred and just you!" She knew that that was a lie, she still had feelings for Ron..... But Ron was engaged now...