Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Oh dear." Mini Tottle said. Everyone looked at her. "So... This means we have to find the ressurection stones?"

No one answered. She knew very well that's what it meant, she just wanted to make small talk.

"Do you need help finding it?" McGonigall asked.

"Well, Harry left one in the Forest so we better go there. " Hermione said getting up.

"What happened to the people in the order that were at the wedding?" McGonigall asked.

"No idea. They wouldn't tell us. We really need to look for them soon though." Hermione said.

"Yes. They wouldn't tell me either." Narcissa said.

Everyone got out of the in ruins school and headed to the Forest, McGonigall following closely behind.

"Professor, where's Hagrid?" Hermione asked and McGonigall sighed.

"I'm not sure. We haven't seen him since a few days ago. We didn't know of any trips he was going on." McGonigall said sadly. Hermione was worrying that Hagrid's disappearance may have had something to do with the Malfoy's, then it struck her.

"Wait a minute Harry." She said stopping dead in her tracks, causing a few people to bump into her. "Didn't Hagrid carry you out of the Forest when Voldemort- oh honestly now-" a few people had winced at the name"believed you to be dead?" Harry looked at Hermione, eyeing her suspiciously like the rest of the people.

"Yes..."

"Well what if he got the stone and the Malfoy's and there cronies kidnapped him and are torturing him to find it!" Hermione said, fear filling her voice. A look of horror struck Harry's face.

"Honestly, do you think Hagrid would have picked it up?" Ron chimed in. Hermione and Ron barely had spoken since the breakup.

"Well Ronald, it's a possibility isn't it?" Hermione said, turning to everyone. "I mean they could have had him at the Manor while we were there! That would explain how they found out about the wedding!"

"What'll we do?" Percy asked.

"Well let's make sure it's not
here, just... In case." Mr. Weasley said.

"But searching the Forest could take forever!" Ron whined making Fred sigh.

"Honestly Ron, you are a wizard aren't you? Or are you a squib? I mean that would explain alot-" Fred says making Hermione elbow him in the ribs so that he would shut up. "Accio ressurection stone!" Nothing happened. Everyone sighed. Hermione's theory must have been right.

***

Everyone was back at Grimauld Place, trying to plan out their, task. Hermione had given McGonigall a fake galleon in case they needed to communicate at all, it was one of the same galleons that have been used during there D.A meetings back in their fifth year.

"Guys, we have to rescue Hagrid soon!" Hermione said over all the voices to everyone. People nodded in agreement. They would go and rescue Hagird tomorrow.

At about 1 in the morning, everyone went up to bed. Hermione lay awake in Fred's tight embrace, her head leaning against his chest. She fell fast asleep, listening to the breathing of her boyfriend.

Hermione opened her eyes, staring at the dark ceiling above that was being swallowed by darkness. She had heard something outside of her room. Hermione looked at her clock. 3:37 am it read. She got up, pulling a jacket over her as the September weather gave her chills. Opening the door, which creaked, Hermione looked back to make sure she hadn't woken Fred, she hadn't.