Chapter 5

A/N I own no HP characters

Chapter 5

Hermione was sitting on her couch, in her parents old house. She was watching Television and eating a bowl of ice cream. She just came back from The Burrow about a half hour ago where Ron Weasley, the man she loved and knew since she was 11 years old broke her heart. She felt as though he ripped her heart out and stomped on it. Hermione glanced up at the clock and it was 8:32 pm. She wanted to be eating dinner with Everyone at The Burrow right now but... She couldn't face Ron.

*Crack* Hermione jumped up and looked behind her to see Harry. Hermione rubbed her red eyes, not sure if she was dreaming.

"Harry?" Hermione asked.

"I'm so sorry Hermione!" Harry said to her and Hermione ran into his arms and started crying.

"Why would he? Why didn't he tell me?" Hermione sobbed into his chest as Harry stroked her hair. Hermione loved Harry as a friend, and right now, he was her best friend.

"Honestly Hermione, I had no idea about this. It seemed like he really liked you..." Harry was as bewildered as her.

"What happened after I left?" She looked up at him into his eyes. Harry sighed and took her to the couch.

"Well, Mrs. Weasley yelled at Ron, Fred yelled at Ron, Ginny almost hexed Ron; after yelling at him and I stopped Ginny and tried to figure out when and how the hell all this happened then, Mr. Weasley yelled at Ron and then Ron went to his room. He didn't come out since and then Mrs. Weasley wanted someone to come check on you.... We are all on your side Hermione." Hermione felt a little better that everyone was on her side, that she wasn't the only one who thought that Ron was being a complete git.

Harry got up from the couch and went to the kitchen. "Do you want me to make you anything Hermione?" Harry looked towards Hermione and saw her shake her head 'no'.
"Are you sure? No tea or anything?" Again she shook her head 'no'. "Well I am going to make you some anyways." He was looking for some tea and honey, then he noticed Hermione right behind him. 

"Harry... I hate to ask but, would you mind spending the night?" She said shyly and as much as Harry would have preferred not to, as he and Ginny had plans, but he knew it would really be nice for Hermione.

"Of course Hermione, anything you need." He hugged her again.

***

It was Friday morning and Hermione still hasn't talked to Ron. She was cleaning things up right now, Harry was going to come over for some reason and wouldn't tell Hermione what it was yet.

Hermione heard a knock on the door, she opened it to reveal Harry with a big grin on his face. "Harry, whatsup?" Hermione said, curiously as she saw Harry. They sat down on the lavender couch and Hermione reached for the remote control and shut the television off.

"I'm going to propose to Ginny!" He said quickly and it took Hermione a minute to register what he said and then she started beaming.

"Harry that's great!" She hugged him and he fell back.

"I was wondering, could you help me get the ring and help me figure out how to propose to her?"

"Of course!"

***

It was Sunday and Harry asked Mrs. Weasley if everyone could have dinner at The Burrow because he had a special announcement. Being one of the nicest people in the world, she said yes. Hermione agreed to go because she knew this would be a big time in Ginny's and Harry's lives and she couldn't miss it. They were supposed to dress nicely so Hermione went to London to look for something to wear. She knew Ron would be at the engagement but she would just ignore him. They hadn't talked yet since he broke her heart.