Gently, he pushed back my hair behind my ear, forcing me to look up into his bright, deep blue eyes. I gulped and hoped my face wasn’t too red. Suddenly he smirked mischievously and wiped some soap on my nose.

             "Baxter!" Acting on impulse, I smeared my soap hands on his face before he could grab my wrists. I giggled and stood defensively, preparing for another attack.

              "Stop it now, both of you," Nadya chided.

              "Sorry, Nadya,” we both chimed while hiding our smiles.

             As we returned to scrubbing the grime off the ceramic plates I felt a light, soapy pop on my cheek.

              "What the..." I turned to Bax only to see him blowing into his two cupped hands. A translucent, rainbow dome appeared from the other end and floated near my face. I popped it, holding in my childish delight, while rolling my eyes at Baxter.

               "You'll never stop annoying me will you?"

               "Nope," he laughed, "so you better get used to it now."

                "And how do you suppose I do that?" I asked with a quizzical look.

                "Play with me," he beamed, “you’ll have a lot more fun doing that than fighting me."

                 "Play with you? You're so immature."

                 "I'm sorry, I can't help it. I always feel so lonely and trapped in this house."

                "You're telling the hostage of this house that you're feeling trapped. At least you have the freedom to walk around this house and walk out those fancy mahogany doors."

                "Heh, right. Sorry."

                "Yeah, whatever," I mumbled. I thought back to Baxter's conversation last night with Eugene, and how he wanted to get me out of here, but said nothing about it. I glanced back at Nadya who was humming quietly to herself while wiping down the kitchen counters, and dried my hands on a towel.

                "Nadya, what do we have to do next?"

                "We have some things to wipe down in the living room."

                 "Well I better get going," Bax said.

                  "Where are you going?" I asked.

                "I have work, honey, but don't miss me too much, I'll be back tonight," he winked.