Chapter 16 Part 5 - Picking Up Runaway Girl

Start from the beginning

"This dungeon maker is truly annoying fellow."

I said.

"Why?"

Noden asked. I pointed at the wall behind him. He looked back and his jaw dropped. In front of us, we saw three branches but beside the tunnel where we came from, we saw another 4 paths.

"If we didn't note this kind of change regularly, we might not be able to return."

I said.

"So, which path should we take?"

Noden asked.

"Are you sure you're asking him?"

Flint asked.

"Ah, forget that I asked."

He quickly refuted it.

"But, how deep is this dungeon?"

Noden wondered.

"We can't complain about it right? We need to find her as soon as possible."

Flint said.

"Actually I can make our journey faster but without Nova's full cooperation it won't succeed."

I said. Everyone looked at me with surprise.

"Are you sure it will be faster?"

Nova asked me. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Alright!! I'll do it!!"

Nova said with full spirit.

"Then, will you swear that if you stop midway, you are willing to be my potion test subject after we leave this place?"

I warned.

"T-That's kind of heavy compensation."

Nova took a step backward.

"Then, you're doing it or not?"

I asked him again.

"I'll do it."

He said with serious face. I took a scroll from my bag and handed it to him. He looked at me and looked at the content.

"H-H-Hey, isn't this bit too risky for me?"

He stuttered a bit.

"Don't worry, I'll be right behind you."

I said.

"Alright, I'll do it."

He said. I smiled evilly after I stood behind him.

"Etto, I wonder where I can find a woman who's willing to accept me as her spouse. I don't care of the appearance or anything else. As long as she's willing to accept my real self, even her parents is someone who can scare the demon lord away, I will do my best to make her my wife. Aah, where can I find such a woman."

He read the scroll rather monotonously. Flint tugged my sleeve.

"H-Hey, Ren, isn't this-"

I nodded at her before she could finish her words.

"Will this really work? I think it would be faster if- Something is coming!!"

Noden said. He gasped when he sensed something rushing toward our direction. The ground began shaking. I could see that Nova had a cold sweat. I smirked evilly when I sensed the presence coming toward us at high speed.

"DAARLIIIIIIIIIIIING I'M COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A girl's voice came from one of the tunnels. I walked toward him and stabbed his skin with a needle with paralysis poison.

"Wha- Ren!! What did you-"

He shouted at me angrily.

BAM!!

A figure of a person leaped from one of the tunnels and crashed into Nova's paralyzed body.

When the dust cloud dissipated, a figure of a girl of her teens was hugging Nova while rubbing her cheek to his chest.

"Hou..."

"She's not bad."

I and Noden said.

"...."

Flint went silent when she saw such spectacle.

"Then, let's bring her back for now."

I said. I took out a chunk of mythril I got before and created a chain for binding both of them together.

"He-Hey, Ren!! I haven't heard anything about this?!!"

Nova complained. I activated a levitation magic on them and pulled them with the chain. The girl didn't mind it and kept hugging Nova tightly. Just like that, we finished our mission within 24 hours.

e