Living together (18)

Start from the beginning

"Dude, if you want a hug just say it. Don't take me by surprise as EVERY OTHER TIME-"

"Thank you, princess", he whispers in my ear, tightening his arms as if he didn't want to let me go anymore.

"Actually we better need to call the police", I state, escaping his arms. Directly missing the warmth of his body.

"I'll call them, but first is there something important missing?", he asks worriedly.

I look around one more time before replying:"no, I don't really have anything important in here so it's okay."

"No, it's not okay. I can't stop imagining if that burglar was still here and I wasn't with you what would have happened... I don't want to know", his voice seething in pain and his eyes glowing their metallic grey.

    "Speaking of which... that note. Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend that doesn't know about our friendship?", I ask deep in thought.

    "No, I only have you", Mason blurts out.

    Oh.

    ...

     As friends, of course.

    "Hmm, I can't think about a reason why anyone would write that note and do that to me except...", I stop speaking, my eyes widen in understanding.

    "Except?", Mason asks in his velvety voice.

    "You are really handsome", I state abruptly, making Mason gasp in shock of my honesty. "I wouldn't be surprised if you have tons of fan girls drooling all over you, that dream to marry you some day."

Mason growls when he hears me talking about marriage. Has this guy some bonding problems?

    "We've been on the news lately and there was a picture where it looked like you and I were...", a blush creeps up my face. I suddenly feel immensely hot. "Kissing."

Mason smiles contently his eyes flooding in with intense warmth, making my knees buckle.

    "So a fan girl probably saw it and became angry", I end my conclusion.

"Could be, but I don't have an eye on any fan girl", Mason confesses.

Yeah, right.

But on a boy.

☆☆☆

"I'm sorry for your apartment, Miss. We will investigate as fast as possible it seems to be a crime with intentions set on you so be careful", the cop right in front of me said.

I nod thankfully:"thank you, Mr."

"No problem, Miss", he replies, giving me a light smile full of compassion. "You have to find a place to sleep for tonight, because we will close your apartment for further investigation."

"Okay, I will stay with my friend", I state. In the crook of my eye I can see Mason smile blissfully as if something just made his day.

What a weird jock.

"Mason, can I borrow your phone? My phone's battery is dead", I ask him my eyes glanced with hope.

His hand goes in his pocket, taking his phone out before handing it to me.

"Here, princess", he says softly. When are hands make contact while he gives me the phone it feels like thousand fireworks just went off in my body. I quickly retract my hand, typing in the number.