Ginny looked up at Hermione, her eye wide with terror. "What happened?" Hermione couldn't answer, her eyes were full of tears. "Hermione, what happened? Tell me."

"He-he and Mini they- they're- they're-"

"Dead?" Ginny asked, finishing the sentence for her. Hermione nodded. "How?" Ginny asked, her voice hoarse.

"Death eaters. Fred and I- we-we saw the whole thing and um, they killed her, he was with us, then he ran to kill him, then a different one killed him so Fred killed those two." Ginny began to sob loudly.

"I'm so sorry Ginny-"

"It's fine. We must be strong."

"Where is Harry?" Hermione asked, changing the subject like Ginny wanted.

"He's looking for a wand, a death eater broke his and mine won't work for him!"

"I'll see if mine will!" Hermione jumped away from Ginny without another word and dashed to find Harry. "HARRY!" She called. "HARRY!"

"Hermione?" Someone called from near the wall. She whipped her head around and saw Ron there with Mrs. Weasley. They were crying, oh no.

"Are-are you two okay?"

"He's dead." Mrs. Weasley cried, Ron hugged her.

"Who's dead?" Hermione asked, her voice shaky.

"Charlie." Ron said. Phew. Well at least it wasn't more people like Hermione had feared.

"I know, I'm so sorry." Hermione said. She went up and hugged the two. "Where is Mr. Weasley?"

"Fighting. He doesn't know yet." Mrs. Weasley said and wiped her eyes. "Where's Fred?"

"Fighting. Ginny's back there, she's safe, I suspect Bill is fighting too and I haven't seen Percy. I'm looking for Harry because he needs a wand that'll work to kill Voldemort."

"Don't-don't say the name." Ron said. Hermione frowned at him. "Hermione can I actually talk to you for a second?"

"Sure..." She said wearily. "But be quick because we need to help Harry!"

"Right." Ron pulled her to the side, out of ear shot of his mum. "Hermione, are-are we together? I know that Fred is back with us and- is that an engagement ring?" He asked as he spotted the ring on Hermione's finger.

"Ron. Yes I'm sorry but we are." She felt so bad. She liked Ron but Fred made her happier. She loved Ron but only as a friend.

"Okay..." He said disappointedly.

"Ron, I just- we don't work that way. We were meant to be best friends, not a couple. Please understand and I hope we can still be friends."

"Right yeah." He did love her but if he did, he had to do what made her happy. Put on a brave face and act as though everything is fine. Forget his love for her. She would still be with him if he hadn't been such a git. He didn't tell anyone this but, Lori had used a love potion on him, he recently found out when they were at Malfoy Manor. It was her fault that Hermione was with Fred.

"Ron, can we still be friends?" She asked him in a small voice.

"Of course Hermione! Now let's go help Harry!" He said and smiled despite everything. She smiled back and the two went to find Harry.

"Harry?" Ron called. "Harry?"

"Ron?" Harry asked as he emerged through the crowd of screaming people as more were randomly killed. They were now running to go hide, probably in the room of requirement.

"Harry mate! Did you find a wand?"

"Yeah! Xenopholious Lovegood's wand works great! I need to get to Voldemort quickly!" The two nodded to Harry and went against the crowd, towards Voldemort.

Harry abruptly stopped. "I don't want you two stepping in unless, well unless I die."

"Harry! Don't say that!" Hermione scolded him.

"Well it's true, I don't want you to help, you could get hurt. Just stay close by."

"Fine." They mumbled and he nodded. Hermione jumped forward and hugged him. "You'll be fine Harry. Just like i said in first year, your a great wizard." She whispered in his ear.

Ron nodded towards Harry and Harry nodded back. "Oh Merlin! Just hug!" Hermione complained, they jumped forward and hugged eachother for possibly the last time.

Harry was close to Voldemort but blocked by enough people that he wasn't seen yet. Harry was just about to walk towards him when someone jumped on him, causing him to fall.

"Ginny! What are you doing?" He questioned his wife, outraged.

"Don't do it!" She cried into him. He stood up and hugged her.

"Ginny, I'll be okay. Stay right here and it'll all be over soon." He said. She looked into his green eyes and nodded before planting a kiss on his lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."