"Is there a kind of medicine you can give her?" Olivia's mother asked.

"Well right now she's on morphine to help the pain. The most effective way to get rid of it would be to take out her appendix. It's a very simple procedure and it wouldn't take more than 45 minutes." Evan said. Olivia's mother sat beside Olivia and smiled.

"Okay. If you think that's the best thing to do." Olivia's mother said.

"I do. Surgically removing the appendix will prevent anything further from happening." Evan said. Olivia's mother looked at Zoe.

"What do you think Doctor Murphy?" She asked.

"Well Doctor Hansen is the Head of General Surgery. If he says we should do an appendectomy then I think that's the best course of treatment." Zoe said. Olivia pulled at Zoe's lab coat.

"Will I get a new appendix?" She asked. Zoe smiled.

"The cool thing about your appendix is that you don't actually need it. So you don't need a new one." Zoe said.

"Does Doctor Hansen have his appendix?" Olivia asked. Zoe smiled and nodded.

"He does." She said.

"Do you?"

"No. I got mine taken out when I was 16." Zoe said.

"So are we like in a special club?" Olivia asked. Zoe nodded.

"Of course. And I can give you more details about our club when we come to get you for surgery okay?" Zoe asked. Olivia nodded and Zoe and Evan walked out.

+++

"Come on. We have Olivia's surgery." Zoe said in between kisses.

"Who said that you're scrubbing in?" Evan said.

"I'm the Head of Paediatric Surgery. It's not a negotiation. Besides, we have to talk about the No Appendixes Club. Which you're not allowed to be part of." Zoe said getting up. Evan laughed and followed her out of the on-call room and into the hallway.

"Doctor Murphy!" A voice called. Zoe spun around and saw an intern running up to her.

"Yes Doctor Ramirez?" Zoe asked, looking at the gasping intern behind her.

"I saw that you're performing-"

"It's just an appendectomy Ramirez. It's nothing special. I don't think we need three surgeons in the operating room." Zoe said.

"Oh. I was just hoping because I'm interested in peds." The intern said. Zoe looked at Evan who shrugged

"I suppose if it's alright with Doctor Hansen, then you can take my place and I'll be there if you need out." Zoe said. Ramirez smiled.

"Thank you Doctor Murphy!" She said.

"OR 3 at 3:00. Do not be late." Zoe said. Ramirez nodded before running back down the hallway. Evan looked at her and smiled.

"So me and Valentina are cutting Olivia's appendix out?" Evan asked. Zoe smiled and nodded.

"Yes. Try and let her do something, this is a teaching hospital." Zoe said. Evan smiled as Zoe took off running before gliding on her heelies.

"You're a dork!" Evan yelled. Zoe stopped and turned around. She blew Evan a kiss and smiled.

"You love it!" She called before running off and gliding away on her heelies.

+++

"Okay Olivia, so we're gonna put you to sleep for a bit. And when you wake up, you'll feel much better. Okay?" Zoe asked. Olivia nodded.

"Awesome, can you count backwards from 10 for me?" Zoe asked.

"Ten... nine..."

A mask was put over Olivia's nose and mouth.

"Eight..." she trailed off. Zoe smiled and turned to Evan and Valentina.

"Okay. You two are ready to begin whenever." Zoe said.

"Okay Doctor Ramirez. Would you like to take the lead?" Evan asked. Valentina looked at him.

"Wh-What?" She stuttered.

"Would you like to take the lead on Olivia's surgery? I've done hundreds of appendectomies. If you'd like to take the lead you can." Evan said.

Valentina nodded and the nurse handed her a scalpel. She made the first cut and Evan smiled.

"Well done Doctor Ramirez."

+++

"Hi Olivia!" Zoe said gently. Olivia rubbed her eyes and Olivia's mother smiled.

"Hi baby." She whispered.

"Mama." Olivia said softly.

"Do you feel better baby?" Olivia's mother asked.

"Yeah." Olivia said, hugging her mother.

"Okay so we just need to keep her here for a few more days to make sure her incision heals. But she should be able to go home at the end of the week if there are no complications." Zoe said.

"Doctor Hansen!" Olivia said. Evan smiled and walked into the room.

"Hi Olivia. How are you feeling?" Evan asked.

"Better." She said. Evan turned to talk to Olivia's mother and Zoe turned to Olivia.

"Well done Olivia. You are officially part of the No Appendixes Club." Zoe said. Olivia smiled and grabbed Zoe's hand.

"Thank you Doctor Murphy." Olivia said. Zoe smiled.

"You're welcome Olivia."