31

Nick rang the doorbell and stepped back a little waiting for someone to answer the door. a few seconds later the locks clicked for some reason, his heart started racing. as he finally looked up over the flowers he had in his hand, he noticed her father standing right there looking back at him.

"Nick right?" he asked .

"yes sir"

"come in we need to talk" he nodded stepping out the way. Nick stepped past him as he walked in the house. he closed the door behind Nick before walking towards the living room and they both sat down. him in his personal chair and Nick on the long couch.

"what brings you here son?" Kyrie asked leaning back.

"I was wondering if I could talk to Erika. I have things that get off my chest and I have all the courage now to let it out" Nick spoke.

"I see. I was hoping those flowers weren't for me." he laughed causing Nick to smirk and relax a little.

"but ummm..erika moved out. she found a house in new york for her and the child I'm sure you know about "

"yes sir, do you know where exactly she lives?" Nick asked

"I actually don't, but I could call her for you if you like. I know she got a new number and I'm not sure if you have it or not?" Kyrie asked

Nicks let out a deep breath he didn't even know he was holding once he heard that she had changed her number. he had been texting and blowing up her phone thinking she blocked or was ignoring him when he just didn't have the right number.

"I don't have it sir, but if it isn't too much trouble I would like to get it from you " he spoke nervously.

"i got you son ill be right back"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Erika laid there staring at her son in her arms. she couldn't believe that she had had her baby .. all alone.

No family, no baby daddy, and especially no sister by her side.

" Im gonna give you the best life ..you hear me ?" She whispered to her son as he slept in her arms .

Just as she kissed his forehead her room door opened.

"Nick !??" She whisper yelled

" hey " he said not breaking eye contact with the baby in her arms.

He slowly walked over to her as he eyed the baby not saying a word. Until he couldn't hold it anymore.

" what's his name ?" He asked now looking down at the baby as he stood at Erika's side.

" Kayden" she looked down at him .

"I've been looking for you " he mumbled

" why?"

" I have some things I need to get off my chest and I need to say it now while I have the courage to do so " he said finally making eye contact with her .

" o-ok"

" I can't stop thinking about you and I hate myself for not being able to rule you out my life just given that your the one that stepped out on me . I was the one mistreated yet I'm feeling like the one that did something wrong .

I just miss you like crazy and I don't care that you have a baby and it's not mine. I just need you in my life and by my side ."

"Nick where is all this coming from ..?"she asked confused

" my heart Erika! I stopped playing ball because of you. I hated playing and not seeing you cheering me on. I wanna make it to the league with you by my side no other female can bring the happiness you have."

She sat there staring at him as he stared at her baby. She didn't know what to say. Here was this man that she hurt and thought she didn't deserve spilling his heart out to her.

If it was a dream she didn't wanna wake up.

I reached out with her left hand and touched his arm to make sure that he was really there. He took his eye contact with the baby to look her in her eyes for the first time since he walked in.

" I love you " she spoke

" I love you more"

———————————————-