4.

Erin sat in the kitchen after helping Josephine cook dinner for tomorrow night. It was Christmas Eve and she had spent the whole morning shopping for Aiden , Deontay, Erika, Josephine and her dad for Christmas and after agreed to help Josephine like she did every year. They had a lot of food to make due to the whole family coming over today .

" so are you ready for the season ?" Josephine asked Erin as she placed the baked mac n cheese in the oven.

" yea. The way dads got me up every morning I'm more than ready" Erin sighed as she bit the chocolate chip cookie Josephine had made .

" oh I know sweety, I hear you guys leaving at 4am and i still pray for you, " Josephine said as they both started laughing. they were interrupted when Deontay walked in walking over to Erin kissing her cheek.

"hey phina" he said nodded towards her.

"good evening Mr.West" she nodded towards him before going back to occupy herself on the other food.she wasn't a big fan of Deontay but whatever made Erin happy made her happy. If Erica liked it she loved it .

"how was your workout babe ?" he asked as he grabbed an apple from the bowl that sat on the counter.

"it was hell like always " Erin sighed still feelings the pain in her legs.

"well at least its gonna pay off in a few weeks when you gotta go get ready for the season" he smirked kissing her cheek.

Ever since Deontay got here Erin felt something off about him but didn't quite know why. she brushed it to the side because at the end of the day it was the holiday season and she didn't want to bring it down with her curiosity. They had discussed what would happen when she heads back to school Deontay would be staying when she left back to school due to him not wanting to deal with his household.

"good evening Josephine" Aiden smiled walking in sweating from his own workout he did downstairs in the gym with Erins dad.

"oh A-Dog how was the workout ?" she asked as they did a smooth handshake.

"it was amazing, tough but i love hard work " he laughed before turning around and spotting Erin and Deontay. just seeing him changed Aiden's mood but he didn't want it to show.

"hey Erin, Deontay " he waved

"hey" Erin smiled and Deontay just nodded. he lowkey felt some type of way that Aiden was soo close to Josephine when he just met her just a few days ago yet she still called him Mr. West and it was always a hi , bye situation. he wanted to be close to his girlfriend's family and not his competition.

-------------------------------

Erika sat in her room on her computer. The days were really counting down for Nick to come visit her. he decided to com sooner given that his dad was leaving town early and he didn't want to be home alone spending new years alone at that. what she didn't know was that Nick was boarding the plane at the moment. he and his father had opened their present today before his dad left for California and he was boarding a plane from Canada to her.

"oh my gosh, " Erika said letting out a frustrated sigh. this was the 5th time she tried to call Nick and he still hadn't answered. she was convincing herself to give up it was good while it lasted. she turned the music up on her stereo before she picked her phone up and decided to text China. she needed something to distract her from thinking about all he family coming over tomorrow morning.

it was one thing that she wasn't close with her immediate family, like her dad and grandmother. but her family on her dads side didn't fuck with her either. the thing about them is she didn't know why they didn't like her and gave her stank attitudes. they claim that she reminds them too much of her mother whom they don't like. But Erika felt like if she reminded them of her mother Erin should too given they are twins.