19.

February 14th

Valentines day

Deontay finished setting up his room for the surprise. today he was going to ask Erika to be his girl. they had been flirting and going steady for a few weeks and he was ready to put a title on what they were. he wasn't interested in any other female and he actually hasn't been giving them any time of day.

He would go to class, the gym, and then hit Erika up to chill or bring her food or go to the mommy and me class. he was truly dedicated to her and being her man that it even shocked him.

Just as he lit the last candle there was a knock at his bedroom door. he had text Erika 30 min ago asking her to come over and chill. she wasn't feeling well and he knew this would help her out.

he took a deep breath before turning off the light and opening the door being greeted by none other than Erin. he was shocked and lost.

"uh hey ?" he greeted.

"hey, i know this is kind of random and awkward but i had some clothes over her that i wanted to get'

"oh um okay, one second" he quickly shut the door and grabbed a plastic bag throwing all of Erin's clothes in the back that resided in a draw he had given her when they were a couple. he didn't want Erin to walk in and see the whole setup he had done for Erika given that would be an awkward conversation.

he finally packed her stuff and rushed over to the door handing over her bag.

"here you go"

"thanks," she said grabbing it out his hand.just as she turned around to leave her sister was coming up the stairs.

"oh hey, sis " Erin greeted her sister.

"uhh hey," she said looking a little nervous and confused.

"what you doing here?" Erin picking up on her sister's nervousness.

"she's coming to tutor me" Deontay blurted out.

"oh okay, well ill see you later," she said as she tightened her bag and walked downstairs as Erika walked into his room.

"that was awkward" she laughed before quickly muting herself when she noticed all the decorations.

"who's this for ?" she asked blushing.

"you" she smirked from behind her. she slowly turned around and looked up into his eyes.

"seriously ?" she asked not believing him.

"yea...i um " he cleared his throat becoming nervous.

"I just thought since its valentines day and you wasn't feeling well. so I went out got decorations and thought I could you know give you a massage and I ordered you some Chinese"

"wow..i never had someone do anything like this for me " she blushed. "why all this for me tho?" she asked

"I was thinking, I mean we been kicking it for a while. I'm not gonna beat around the bush I like you alot.. and I wanna see where we can go with this. with us" he said pointing between the two.

"seriously?" she asked not believing it one bit.

"yea"

"Deontay ...its me ...Erika. we both know you don't know how to be faithful come on" she laughed as she walked over to his bed and plopped down on it as she grabbed some chocolate.

"I know but I'm changing. haven't you notice. I don't give no females the time of day other than you. I'm not even thinking about any other females. they don't have my attention like you do " he spoke honestly causing Erika to laugh.

he got annoyed at the fact she was taking him as a joke. he sat down in the desk chair and sighed heavily rubbing his waves in his head.

"wait... you serious !" Erika spoke instead of asked.

"duh"

"oh my gosh D... I mean ....we can try I just don't want my sister finding out. this would hurt her."

"Erika she's gonna find out sooner or later. we are having a kid you can't hide them forever. "

"I know but I want to tell her on my own time, when I'm ready."

"Eri--"

"please Deontay ...promise me you won't tell her till I do ?" she begged cutting him off.

"okay okay " he said holding his hand up in surrender.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erin walked out of Deontays dorm building and down the street towards Aidens dorm. just as she was about to turn the corner she bumped into Nick.

"oh Hey, Nick right ?" she asked not knowing if she remembered his name

"yea, wassup ?" He asked a little down.

" nothing much, hey we should do a double date. You and my sister with my boyfriend and I. Your family now " she said hinting at the baby.

" nah , we actually broke up " he said rubbing his head .

" wait ready ? Why?" She asked confused .

" it's a long story. We just weren't meant to be and I have to focus on my career" he sighed

" but... she's pregnant " she whispered .

" and?"

" and she's gonna need you, don't you want to be in your child's life ?" She asked now getting a little angry at him.

He started laughing shaking his head how crazy this was. She didn't know anything about what's was going on behind her back and he felt a little bad for her.

" that baby's not mine "

" oh your gonna pull that card . You niggas really be---"

" nah nah Erin the baby really ain't mine . She told me. She's gonna be with the baby daddy, they been spending hella time together anyways so I just know they together " she sighed once again, realizing how much he probably did fuck up.

" who is he?"

" oh nah, that's none of my business to tell. You got to asked her " he said as he slid by her and kept on his trail towards the cafeteria .

Erin stood there lost for words as she slowly made her way to Aidens dorm. She thought she and her sister were closer than that. She thought she told her everything . She felt a little betrayed .

She was gonna get to the bottom of this .

________________________________
I've been MIA I know and I'm sorry . But for good reason I promise ......

I GOT A BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE !