25

"My favorite daughter in law" Aiden's father greeted Erin as she walked over to his hospital bed giving him a hug.

" Hey, I missed you " she cheesed in a much better mood than a few days ago.

She had let her father know she would be home 2 weeks late due to being with Aiden and his father. He allowed it low-key wanting to put off introducing her to his new girlfriend.

They had gotten into town late last night and decided it would be better go visit his dad in the morning. So they had woken up bright and early for breakfast and came to see his dad.

Aiden felt weird staying in his old house without anybody but him and Erin in it. He missed his family but he had to get used to it sooner or later given his father was on his death bed.

" I miss you too princess. How did the last semester go? You two?" He asked looking between the two.

" Good! Got deans list " Erin grinned.

She was congratulated with a high five from
Aiden's dad.

" and you son?"

" same " he smirked

" that's what I'm talking about ... surrounded by smarty pants" be laughed.

" so how long you staying? "

" Just two weeks .. my dad can't survive without me for too long" she joked causing them to laugh.

Aiden sat down getting comfortable as he pulled Erin on his lap and he sat talking to his dad. Aiden couldn't have been happier having his girl and his family back.

--------------------
" its a 3 bed and 2 baths and your pools in your back yard" the guy spoke as he leads Deontay and Erika through the house.

She was house hunting given she refused to head back to Ohio and be humiliated. After Deontay told her her sister didn't want anything to do with her she knew there was nothing there for her in Ohio.

Deontay agreed to stick with her and get a job as well during the summer on the side. They agreed to live together and split the rent.

They weren't together yet but Deontay was working on it. He had plans to be committed to her. He admitted at first he wanted to be with Erika because other than her having his kid she was the twin sister of his first love.

If he couldn't have Erin he wanted to prototype. But once hearing her story and who she really is he felt for her. He had his own family problems and that drew them closer.

"Can we see the kitchen ?" Erika asked

"Of course" they man walked them to the kitchen and Erika almost dropped to her feet.

The kitchen was huge with granite counters and an island in the middle of the kitchen. She also loved that the dining room wasn't directly connected to the kitchen. You had to go through a door.

" okay I'm in love "

" You want it ?" Deontay asked.

He could care less about the house he just wanted whatever made Erika happy.

" yes" she smiled rubbing her belly.

" there a pool for him to swim when he gets big, it's easy baby proof. It's perfect." She cheesed

" welp we will take it " Deontay spoke as he turned to the sales man.

"okay, follow me this way so we could fill out the paperwork" Deontay followed him as Erika continued walking around the house.

Today was suppose to be the day that she went back home to see her dad for summer break. she hadn't told him she wasn't coming home or even that she was pregnant. she didn't plan on it anyway, he hadn't reached out to her all day to see where she was. that opened her eyes that she really she didn't have anyone.

but she wasn't gonna let that stop her from being here for her kid. things happen for a reason and maybe she was meant to get pregnant and have a family of her own. she knew she would treat her family better than her own family treated her. she was ready to give her son the world.

"You ready ?" Deontay asked kicking her out her thoughts.

"Yeah" she smiled turning around. he grabbed her hand as he leads her out the house and to the car.

"Time to start packing."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you heard from your sister ?" Erin father asked into the phone.

she was in Aiden's family's house for the night waiting for him to come back with the popcorn for the movie.

"nope" she popped the p rolling her eyes.

"how don't you know where ya sister is, you didn't check up on her before you left?" he asked suspiciously knowing his daughters were usually close.

"Nope, she's not my problem or my responsibility"

"okay, what happened?" he sighed

"I think she should tell you, call her" she rolled her eyes as if he could see her.

"I'm asking you first, what happened?"

"your daughters pregnant "

"I think I heard you wrong can you repeat that ?"

"Erika IS PREGNANT!" she spoke louder.

"since when? by who ? " he asked more alert as he paced his dining room floor.

"by my ex and she's 5 months" Erin sighed feeling bad she snitched.

"I'll call you back," her dad said as he hung up on her before allowing her to respond.

he quickly pulled up Erika's number and quickly pressed call. it rang about 4 times before she answered.

"Hello?" she mumbled.

"SERIOUSLY ERIKA!" He yelled over the phone.

"DONT ACT LIKE YOU CARE NOW! YOU KNOW THIS IS WHAT YOU EXPECTED TO COME FROM ME. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. SO I HOPE YOUR HAPPY, IT CAME TRU"

"DONT PLAY VICTIM" He spoke angrily. the phone got silent as he sighed running his hand down his face.

"when are you coming home?" he asked

"I'm not"

"so where do you expect to live, how are you gonna support your child Erika?"

"I got a house out here, I'm gonna get a job. I refuse to go home and get judged and humiliated by your family," she spoke truthfully.

"Erika if you don't come home, I'm not paying your tuition for your senior year"

"I can take out a loan" she shrugged.

"Erika--"

"NO! I'm tired of you picking and choosing when you wanna 'care' about me. all your worried about is your image. when I do something wrong you wanna act like you care so none of this gets out to the media so your name won't be in a negative light. I'm tired of it. I'm more important than your stupid ass image but you don't see that. Erin's the only child important to you, I'm sorry I didn't wanna dedicate my life to basketball. it wasn't for me and for that I'm sorry but I can't let you keep running my life for your benefit. now it's one less stress on your brain. I'm done" she spoke all her feelings out in the open before hanging up without giving him a chance to respond she was done with faking it. she was turning over a new leaf.

________________________________