2 ~ Monokuma

The rest of the school was much the same as the classroom, covered in ivy and extremely run-down looking. Grass and flowers covered the ground.
"Do you have any idea where to go?" I asked Amami.
"No, but we might as well search around." He swiftly rounded a corner and took us to a large wooden door. He was about to push it open when I stopped him.
"Wait." I put an arm in front of him and he looked down at me, confused.
"What is it?"
"Isn't this a bit strange? I mean, I don't think I've ever met an Ultimate before in my life, and suddenly there are seventeen of us, all in one place? I mean, do you remember how we even got here?" I asked.
"No," Amami thought for a minute, "But I guess we'll find out once we meet the others." Without hesitation, Amami went to the door and pushed it open, walking inside. Not knowing what else to do, I followed suit.
Fifteen pairs of eyes turned to us.

Immediately I felt myself withering under their gaze. They were all Ultimates. I found myself not knowing where to look. I didn't know what to do.
"Okari." A voice came from my right. I looked up at Amami.  He gave me a warm smile, "stop worrying."
I bit my lip, looked at them, then back at him, and nodded slowly. I took a deep breath, brought myself to my full height, and smiled, then made my way over to them.
 "Hi." A voice said. I looked over and saw a blonde girl standing next to a boy whose face was half-hidden by a grey cap. She came over and introduced herself.
"My name is Kaede Akamatsu. It's nice to meet you." She stretched out a hand and I took it, smiling at her.
"I'm Alex Okari." I replied.
 The boy in the grey cap introduced himself next; Shuichi Saihara.  I made my way around the group until I had introduced myself to everyone, and finally made my way back to Amami, who was standing towards the back of them.
 "Okari," He looked over at me, "all of these people know what their talents are?" He phrased it as a question he already knew the answer to.
"Yeah." I replied, slightly confused. He stood silent for a few seconds, deep in thought. Then he turned to me, and I saw a hint of desperation in his eyes.
"I can't remember my talent." He suddenly confessed, "I've been trying to remember it ever since I woke up, but it's not working. I can't remember. I don't know anything." Amami stared at me intensely.
"Amami, I-" But I was interrupted as suddenly a loud noise swept through the room, followed by the screams of my classmates. I looked away from Amami and immediately screamed myself.

Five huge, metal machines stood surrounding us, each one a different colour.
"Good Bearning!" They all yelled.   The pieces clicked. They were..the Monokubs?  Were they some kind of transformer?
"What are these monsters?" One of the girls, Tenko Chabashira, yelled. She was in a fighting stance, but looked too scared to even try something.
"Kill the ugly ones first!" Miu Iruma added, "Kill me last!"
"Everyone, calm down." Amami tried to yell above the crowd, but nobody listened. He was too quiet.
"We're the motherfuckin' Exisals!" Monokid yelled, "High-Performance Action Humanoid Murder Weapons!"
 "Murder weapons!?" My eyes widened.
"Yumeno, hurry and run!" Kokichi Oma called out cheekily to the shorter girl, who was desperately trying to hide under her hat.
"Wasn't someone saying he was going to destroy these things?" Maki Harukawa side-eyed the boy next to her suspiciously.
"Don't screw with me! I was expectin' the Monokubs!" The boy, Kaito Momota, reeled away from them.
"Well, calm down a bit, everyone. There's no need to panic. We'll probably be fine." Amami said from next to me. Everyone turned to him, including myself. He continued, "If they wanted to kill us...they would've done so already." He had a conviction in his voice that I hadn't heard before in the little conversation we'd had.
 After he said that, Amami turned to one of the Exisals and walked straight up to it, staring up into what I assumed was the cockpit. He crossed his arms and glared at it, then opened his mouth and spoke.
"So, what are you planning to make us do? Since you're displaying your power, you're going to force us to do something by threatening us, aren't you?" He paused, and a sly grin crept over his face, "What would...that be?" He asked as if he knew what was happening, as if he'd been here before.
Silence filled the room, and then Monosuke's voice came from the yellow Exisal.
"You've got a pretty sharp intuition." It said.
"Alright then, I'll take it from here!" Monokid roared, "What we want you bastards to do is..." he paused, then his voice filled with excitement, "You fine? I'll say it? You okay with that?" He asked the other Monokubs. Silence.
"We're gonna have you do-" He was cut off by the green Exisal.
"A-KILLING-GAME." Monodam stated plainly.
 Silence overwhelmed the room. Everyone was in shock.
Everyone, except for Amami.He looked to the floor, and simply shook his head.
"What?" Akamatsu asked.
"A-KILLING-GAME." Monodam repeated.
"Stop screwin' around! There's no way I would participate in something like that!" Momota yelled from across the room. Veins popped out on his neck as he made for the Exisals, fists clenched.
"Momota!" Saihara suddenly launched himself in front of the boy and they both went to the ground, hard.
"Let me at them!" Momota yelled, trying to detangle himself.
"Stop it!" Saihara tried desperately to hold Momota down, eventually bear hugging him so that he couldn't get up.
"Geez," Ryoma Hoshi pulled his beanie down on his face, "you've got a long way to go, kid."
"You'll die if you try and fight them." Amami said.
"Whaddya mean! They said they want a killing game, so I'll give 'em what they want and kill 'em all!" Momota yelled.  Saihara was losing his grip.
"No, you won't." I said, "Because they're Murder Weapons." Momota turned to me.
"Murder weapons?" He asked.
"They're here to protect the mastermind." Amami said.
"That's exactly right!" A high-pitched voice suddenly resounded around the room, drawing our attention to the stage at the front. A white light shone from behind a large pedestal, and then..and then..A black and white bear appeared.
"Like my wittle Monokubs said, Amami. You've got a sharp intuition." It said, its weird voice drawing all attention away from Saihara and Momota's fight.
"Who's that?" Tsumugi asked. The poor girl looked on the verge of fainting from shock and fear, her legs wobbling.
"Daddy!" All the Monokubs yelled. They evacuated the Exisals and immediately ran to the front of the room, standing in front of the podium.
"I said it before and I'll say it again; Kill the ugly ones first!" Iruma cried out.
"But Iruma, you're the only ugly one I see." Oma's playful tone gave me shivers. How was he so calm?
"H-Hey, that's t-totally untrue!" Iruma stuttered.
"Well, it could be. I am a liar, after all." Oma smiled at Iruma from under his hair, a finger over his lips. I caught his eye for a brief second and felt those same shivers.
"Whatcha lookin' at, Okari~?" He elongated my name, "Have you got the hots for me?" He chuckled softly.
"As if." I replied, glaring at him. He only laughed in response.
"Everyone, please calm down! We must listen to what this bear says, or we will die!" K1-B0 pleaded.
 "Aw, a robot scared of its fellow robots? How amusing." Oma turned his attention to the robot, "Shouldn't you be working with them, Kee-boy?"
"Please do not compare me to these monsters!" K1-B0 replied.
"Aw, is it because you aren't as big and powerful? Hey, kee-boy, do you ever feel inferior having all these, tall, erect-"
"Enough of that! It's my turn to explain!" The black and white bear spoke again, and all attention went to it. "I am the God of this new world! And headmaster of the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles!"