The clearing of a throat behind me causing me to freeze, I look at Kehlani and find her smiling at me. I close my eyes before turning to meet the eyes of the person who has just caught my student all but holding my hand. Ugh! "L-Lauren, hi." I give her an awkward smile, and she notices how uncomfortable I am. "Everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah." Her green eyes glistening, she clears her throat. "I was wanting to run something by you but it's not important." She shrugs and pushes off of the door frame. "See you Friday in class."

"Excuse me for a moment, Kehlani?" I stand from my seat and remove my glasses.

"Sure. I'll be here." seriously, she has to stop looking at me like that. It does nothing for me, whatsoever. Stepping out of my office, I close my door over and head in the direction Lauren went.

"Lauren." Watching her turn the corner, I increase my pace and catch up with her. "Lauren."

Turning to face me, I find tears trickling down her face. "No, Normani." She stops me from moving any nearer and I feel my heart pound in my chest. "We are not doing this. Whatever this is."

"Wait, what?" I furrow my brow.

"I thought it was okay, you know? I thought her being in your office wouldn't bother me, but it does."

"Lauren, it is my job to be there for my students. No matter who they are." I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Can we talk about this later?"

"There is nothing to talk about." She scoffs. "See you Friday, Professor."

After speaking to Lauren, and watching her walk away, I'd gone back to my office and finished up my session. I'd chosen not to bring up the behaviour Kehlani had shown because honestly? I didn't have the energy in me to put her straight. That could wait for another time. Right then, I just wanted Lauren. I needed to speak to her. I know she had seen what had happened in my office, that's how unlucky I am, so after shoving all of my things into my bag, I locked up my office and headed out onto the street.

Normani: Lauren, where are you?

Nothing.

Normani: Please call me. I want to see you. I need to see you.

Still nothing.

Normani: I'm headed home. Please come by.

Reaching my front door, I checked my cell again and found nothing. I swear she is killing me right now but maybe letting her calm down is for the best. I know she has a jealous streak, don't we all? but I have to stop this before it develops into something much worse. I don't want to lose her, and I know I've done nothing wrong, but she did warn me. She warned me about Kehlani, but I cannot refuse to teach a student because of what I think may happen. Now that I know Kehlani doesn't have any reason to need my help, I will speak to her, and I will decide if we should continue. I cannot let my feelings for Lauren cloud my judgement. No matter how much I want only her in my office. No matter how much I know that Kehlani is just playing games. I'd never forgive myself if she was genuinely struggling and I didn't help her.

Slipping the key into the lock, I push my front door open and step inside. I don't want to be here. I want to be with Lauren. I want to be talking this out with her. I want to, but I won't push her. If she wants to give me the silent treatment for a few hours, that is her decision. I'll wait it out.

Four hours later, I find myself sat at my kitchen island staring at my cell phone screen. I've been willing for it to light up since I walked through my door earlier today, but so far, Lauren is well and truly giving me the silent treatment. I hate when she does this. How are we ever supposed to work things out of she won't speak to me? How am I supposed to tell her how I feel or what had happened if she won't answer my damn calls or texts?