Chapter 1 - Reflection

He needs to go away from all of it for some time to himself. Sam was able to get him the break he badly needs, management allowed him to extend his stay in Italy after a photoshoot cover for a prestigious magazine. His team had to go and leave him behind for the much-needed break he needs.

Alden

Andito ako ngayon nakaupo sa bench nakaharap sa pinakamagandang tanawin dito sa Como, Italy. Maraming magagandang pangyayari dito sa lugar na ito na malapit sa aking puso. Kamusta na kaya siya? Masaya kaya siya? I wish she's here the view is too nice to look at and I am alone. What happened to us? 

Meanwhile, at the NAIA Terminal while waiting for flight details, inside the VIP area alone with an iced coffee on hand sits a very ordinary-looking Maine. She made sure that she will not recognize, effort ang cap all her hair placed inside, no makeup, black jacket, jogger pants, and sneakers, lastly sunglasses to complete her disguise. It took all her might to convince her parents and siblings that she can travel alone and she does need her PA to tag along. She had to personally ask her management to give her some time to herself so she can go back recharged and do her projects that were put on hold.

Maine

I can do this. I need to be certain with what I feel, with what I want. I cannot pretend that everything is ok when it is not. How long has it been? I have not felt that feeling of being carefree, to laugh without worry, to be around people that make me be myself. I want to be around people who are genuinely happy for me. It is so hard to prove myself and my decision to everyone and I failed. Sabi ko sa sarili ko, ito ang tamang gawin, ito ang tamang tao na dapat ko makasama - pero hindi ko ramdam na tama nga. All the while I thought everything was ok hindi pala. What happened?

And the final boarding call for flight to Italy was called.