Chapter 28 - Dinner Date - Then

Alden was excited and had to make preparation. It feels like its the first time date for him all over. He clearly remembers the first time he took Menggay to a date and it was very spontaneous and very simple. They both had an open schedule, a break from all the projects, endorsements, photoshoots, movie, taping and Alden took that chance to take her out on a date. It only took him a phone call to Tatay and Nanay to ask for their permission and he was granted immediately. He just told them where he's going to take her and he will be bringing Dean, Direk Pat and Oreo from EB with them and will take Menggay and Dean home in her condo in Pasig.

It was a Saturday at that time no commitments after EB and no taping for Alden for his Sunday show. Maine was at their dressing room playing with her phone on the couch. Alden sat beside her and asked her, "Will you go out on a date with me?" Maine was surprised and looked at him and said, "We've been going out whenever we have free time, what do you mean date? Umayos ka Faulkerson ha" "Ano ka ba di naman ito yun ordinaryong tara kain tayo, tara punta tayo sa ganito. This is me RJ asking you to go out on a date with me" Alden replied. Maine still cannot believe what she is hearing and asked again, "Sure ka ba? Paalam muna ako kina Nanay at Tatay" while scrambling for her phone going through her contacts. Alden held her hand and said "Ok na nagpaalam na ako sa kanila" and smiled. Maine smiled back and said "Do I need to change or dress up? What time tayo aalis san tayo pupunta?" she was excited at the thought that they are going out on a date.

Alden just told her to wear something comfortable, nothing fancy or flashy. Maine became doubtful that Alden is playing a joke on her. "Faulkerson, tatamaan ka sa akin, san mo ako dadalhin?" "Basta surprise to tsaka masaya ito Menggay, trust me. Just be ready and we will leave right after EB, ok?" Maine smiled and said "Ok"

After EB, Maine and Alden said their goodbyes to the Dabarkads and they're on their way. The Jaguar is ready for them outside the parking lot. They will be leaving ahead while Dean, Oreo and Direk Pat will follow suit using Maine's service van. Direk Pat and Oreo still need to do huddle for next week's show and Dean needs to wait for them as all Maine's things are in the van. Maine do not have any idea that the three will be coming with them.

While inside the car, Maine was all smiles and kept asking Alden where are they going? Alden said "Basta ito lang nakayanan ko Menggay ha pasensiya ka na pero alam ko naman na mag eenjoy ka, tayong dalawa. Kilala mo naman ako simpleng tao lang ako e." "Asus, Faulkerson wag ako! alam mo na di ako mapiling tao kahit sa isawan mo lang ako i-date masaya na ako. Kaya wag mo akong paandaran ng Best Actor performance mo diyan" Alden laughed hard and when he does, it makes Maine smile because for her that meant she made him happy.

While they are on their way, Maine noticed the way and said giddily "Alam ko na, sa Concha's Cliff House mo ako dadalhin ano? YES! Crispy Pata here we come!" Alden was laughing and said "Hindi tayo sa Concha's at di tayo kakain ng Crispy Pata!" They were already nearing the Amusement Park and Maine's eyes popped with excitement and all giddy. "Yey! Enchanted Kingdom tayo Yes!" Alden was happy to see that Maine was happy and excited  upon learning that their first date is at Enchanted Kingdom. It is not the typical candle lit dinner for two but Maine is happy and Alden's heart is happy. Before going out of the car, Alden, held Maine's hand and said, "I rented the place for us but there are some people inside, trusted people like bodyguards and other people that will make this private. They will not be meddling with us and some of them you know pero wala silang pakialam sa atin diyan sa loob. Is that fine with you?" 

Maine was so surprised upon hearing that from Alden - he rented the whole place for their first date because he wants privacy. In her mind, this man is so surreal, totoo ba itong taong ito? How can he make me happy with the simplest yet grand gesture? My heart is just happy now and she said "I am fine with that RJ, let's go?" And with that, RJ went out to open the door on Maine's side and helped her out by taking her hand. They started to stroll towards the entrance holding hands and started to run like kids, so giddy and excited. They started riding the Carousel dahil according kay Maine it is a magical ride. There were few people indeed but they are not minding the two as they explore the place and take their rides. The Anchor's Away ride was a surprise as Maine saw Direk Pat, Oreo and Dean riding with them. They were all happy and laughing and were screaming their hearts out, one moment they were trying to contain their scream. Sobrang nag enjoy sila sa ride na yun tapos nag bump car ride sila then nagkayayaan sa Space Shuttle with some of the bodyguards. It was a riot and they are all happy. They avoided the Rio Grande as they will all get wet and it was a cold night RJ do not want them to be sick afterwards. They all had to ride Extreme Drop and Maine was a little nervous but still went to ride it and after the drop she cried as she was very scared and RJ just had to hug her tight.

They went to buy food and RJ decided to invite Maine to ride with him at Wheel of Fate. They rode it and that gave them time to be together in private. While the other people rode different cart for the said ride. It was a very slow turn for this ride, the night was cool and all the stars are out, when they reached the top it was as if they are near the sky and they were in awe of the sight of stars. Maine felt a little chill and RJ just took upon him to hug her and envelope her in his arms. They were hugging each other and RJ was kissing Maine's head. He asked her, "Happy ka Menggay?" "Yes, yes, yes happy ako na dito mo ako dinala, it took me back to my childhood and teenage time ang saya lang napaka carefree. Thank you RJ" and she planted a kiss on his cheek and hugged him tight. While they were hugging, RJ was humming the song Yellow and they were savoring the sight of the stars and the calmness of the night. "Ang sarap dito ano? Malayo sa gulo ng work", Maine said. "Totoo, pero nasa sa atin naman yan kung magpapadala ka sa gulo. Kaya ikaw wag papastress ha. Hinga lang ng malalim tapos isipin mo na lang blessing ito ni Lord. Pag di mo na kaya andito lang ako for you, remember that Menggay. If you feel that you need a break let me know and I will go with you anywhere or we can take a long drive away from the gulo of showbiz - Promise me, Menggay." Maine looked up and looked at him and said "Promise I will let you know and please let's do this more often, please please?" lambing ni Maine kay Alden.

Bakit nga pala dito mo ako dinala on our first date? - Maine

Because this is me, I want our first date to be easy and enjoyable where we can be ourselves lang. Sensya di ako yun candle lit dinner type of a guy e. - Alden

Sabagay di nga ito candle lit dinner date pero nirentahan mo naman ang buong EK, iba ka rin Faulkerson e. - Maine

They were enjoying the ride and fell asleep in each other's arm. In the still of the night where all the stars are out, these two just had the best time of their lives in the midst of their busy schedule they have this time to keep all the memories that happened tonight.

The cart that they were in reached the spot for them to step out and the people there woke them up as they both fell asleep. After the ride they decided to take a stroll while Oreo, Den and Direk Pat were playing for the big stuff toy to take home. As they were strolling together, they were talking about where to eat afterwards.

Kain tayo sa Concha's gusto mo? - Alden

Sige, sige, gusto ko ng Crispy Pata, let's go? - Maine

Yeah, let's go daanan natin sina Dean - Alden

And they all went to Concha's in Cliff House. Alden called in advance to prepare the food they want and they eat heartily. After the late dinner, all decided to spend the night at Alden's home in Sta. Rosa. He also called in advance for the rooms to be prepared. The Faulkerson abode was so quiet as everyone was already sleeping so they were very quiet when they arrived and went to their assigned rooms. Alden said his goodnight to Maine and kissed her on her forehead, thanked her for the time spent for their first date.

The next morning, everyone woke up a little late and the Faulkerson Family was surprised to see their guests. Lola Linda and Lola Dany was so happy to see Maine and welcomed her with a tight hug. Riza, Angel and Daddy Bae was surprised too and happy to see the group especially Maine. While Alden's cousin was all busy preparing their breakfast was all giddy and on top of her voice when she saw Maine getting something from the refrigerator and they bot laughed hard with their reactions. It was a very happy scene - Maine and Dean blending in the family together with Oreo and Direk Pat. Alden was quiet and just looking around him while having his coffee, this is the kind of Sunday he wants - maingay pero happy.

--------------------------------------

flashback lang muna - author

errors under your care readers, no proofreading po, I am doing the update while working.