Chapter 41 - Surprise news

Maine did promise to rest when RJ left her. But she became restless doing nothing and decided to clean their room and arrange their things that were placed at the corner of the room. While she was folding RJ's things on the bed she saw his phone on the bedside table. It was the phone he uses for his business, projects, and personal contacts. It only meant that Alden brought with him the other phone wherein she is the only contact listed. That thought made her smile. She sat on the bed and staring at the phone. Gusto niyang makita ang wallpaper nito if it is still the same after a long time na hindi sila nagkita. And so, she got the phone and was surprised that the locked wallpaper was their recent picture taken during their recent hiking. Then again, her heart is happy to see it. Now the screen was asking for a password, and she thought - could it still be the same password? or did he changed it already?

Well there's only one way to find out, she keys in what she knows to be the password and true enough it is still the same - MyMaine716

The phone opened and she saw the answer to her question - he still has it as his wallpaper. It's the picture of the Lake Como taken by Leysam, his handler. The picture showed a bench from the right side with two people seated, the girl leaning her head on the guy's shoulder. The picture was picturesque and you wouldn't know the two people seating on the bench if someone looks at it. It was them that was seated on the bench and she still remembers what transpired that day why she was leaning on his shoulder. She was actually crying at that time because he will be leaving ahead of her to the Philippines as he has commitments to fulfill. She was having separation anxiety at that time which is why she cried.

Her heart was beating fast knowing this and looking at it brings her joy but she is now becoming more confused. She wanted to check the photos but that is too much invasion of his privacy. What she found out was more than enough and her heart is happy. She locked the phone and placed it back on the bedside table. She continued to fold RJ's things and placed them neatly on top of his luggage. She was about to go out of the room when her phone rang, it was the phone with one contact listed. She answered his call 'hello RJ?'  'Menggay, nainom mo na ba yun paracetamol mo? 11 o'clock na.' he said. 'Eto at iinumin ko na kaso tumawag ka e' 'Talaga ba? sige inom ka na ng gamot, magbabayad na lang ako and I am on my way back. Wag maglikot Menggay ha.' Natawa si Menggay and said 'Yes po Tatay' and ended the call.

A few more minutes and RJ was already home carrying three bags, he placed them on the dining table. He was calling out to Maine but did not receive any response. He was on his way to check if she is inside the room and simultaneously Maine went out of the room while drying her long hair. Muntik na silang magkabanggan dahil di nakikita ni Maine nilalakaran niya.

Huy! Naligo ka na? Maayos na ba pakiramdam mo? - RJ

Huy! Nakakagulat naman ito. Oo naligo na ako may hot water naman sila at opo maayos na pakiramdam ko, nakainom na po ako ng paracetamol at inubos ko po yun hot tea with lemon. Masaya ka na? - Maine

Naniniguro lang naman po ako. Teka patingin nga (sabay hawak sa noo at leeg ni Maine) Ok, wala ng lagnat pero bawal pa rin maglikot ha para sigurado na ang pag galing mo - RJ

Ay naku. So ano nabili mo? - Maine

Surprise! binilhan kita ng Laksa dun sa store na na discover ko - RJ

As a child, Maine was very happy and clapping upon knowing that he bought her, her favorite Laksa. And because she's happy she hugged Alden tulad ng nakasanayan niya kapag nabibilhan siya ng paborito niya. Alden was caught off guard but reciprocated the hug. Maine also was taken aback pero di siya nagpahalata and pinagpatuloy niya panggigigil niya kay Alden.