Chapter 4 - Living Normal

I had a very good sleep, the reason why I woke up late and still lazy to get off the bed. It was a little past 9:00 AM the warm rays of the sun penetrating my room with the nice view I have I still would love to stay in bed. And so I did for at a good 10 minutes. I stretched after and walked to the terrace to welcome the sun rays. I breathe in the nice scent of the lake and my mind was calmed. I did a few stretching and surveyed the place. Ostello Bello was indeed a good place to stay. I noticed a towel draped on the other terrace, my neighbor perhaps. It's a good day today so I better start my day right.

I have not taken out my clothes from my luggage and it's the right time to do that now before I hit the shower. While I fix my things I called through the intercom for Alessandro to request a nice hot coffee to be served in my room. It was after 15 minutes when I heard a knock on my door for the room service I rang about awhile back. "Buongiorno signora" a perky young man greeted me when I opened the door. "Buongiorno" I said and he was shocked to see me and the next thing he said was "OMG ikaw ba si Maine Mendoza?" He cannot his giddiness and from his reaction I can say that he is gay. "Pumasok ka muna at baka may makarinig sayo"

After placing the tray with the coffee I requested, "Yes, I am Maine Mendoza, pero please I am on vacation here so technically I am not the actress" I offered my hand to him, "Ako si Mikoy, wag kang mag alala secret natin yan at tsaka wala akong alam na may pinoy pang naka check in dito. Nice meeting you, ganda ng hair mo, pwede pa selfie?" sabay labas ng phone niya and took to selfies. "Pasensya ka na na starstruck ang beauty ko akala ko ako lang maganda dito e. Si Nay Rosa may dead na yon kaya di na siya contender." I asked, "Sino si Nay Rosa?" With all perkiness Mikoy answered, "Siya yun magiging karelyebo ko dito as housekeeper, mas nauna sa akin yun dito, we live in the same house may kasama pa kaming dalawang pinoy sa bahay lahat kami OFW. Mamayang hapon andito na siya ako naman doon sa isa ko pang work, maaga ako dito 4AM hanggang sa dumating siya mamaya."

I was listening to Mikoy while I take a sip of the coffee he brought in.  Nakakatuwa siyang kausap kasi animated siya tsaka masaya siya, I am going to like my stay here. "O sige ituloy mo na yan ginagawa mo if you need anything just let me know or if not kay Nay Rosa ha. Enjoy your stay, isa pang selfie?" and he took another. But before he leaves "Mikoy pwede bang wag mo muna ipost ang mga pictures? Ayoko kasing may makaalam kung nasaan ako, gusto ko lang mag bakasyon maging normal for once. Pwede ba?" Agreeing "Sureness, akong bahala sayo basta madaming pictures tayo ha?" "Sure" I said.

And as soon as Mikoy left my room I continued with fixing my things and hit the shower. I would like to go out and take a walk outside if I could so I can take my mind off of the negativity and issues of Manila. I would like to take a walk malapit sa lake.

As soon as I got out of my room, my neighbor just got in and closed the door to the room. I stopped shortly in front of the door of my neighbor, sino kaya yun neighbor ko? Foreigner siguro, sana di maingay. And I proceed to go down while I fix my sweater/coat and sneakers, ready to stroll the at the Lake.

---------------------------------------------------

Hala, di pa nagkita. What do you think about the story? Please let me know if I need to stop or continue. Apologies for the grammars and spelling, no proofreading na e. - Author