Chapter 65 - Stranded

Metro Manila was hit by a typhoon causing floods everywhere. After the EB show everyone was in a hurry to to go home and be with their families. Sadly there were other EB hosts and staff that was stranded at APT Studios. TVJ braved the storm and flood and was able to get home very late. The same goes with the other staff, the others were forced to comeback at APT as they cannot pass thru the floods and heavy traffic was just too much. 

JoWaPao chose to stay behind as the road leading to their home was flooded not passable. Maine tried to go home but was informed by Dean that she end up sleeping in her vehicle because she would be stuck in traffic. While Alden stayed behind as Mama Ten went home early to check on his family in Laguna. Medyo worried na rin si Alden kasi he lives in the South and most likely flooded ang daan. Mama Ten has not yet communicated with him and he is now worried that something happened to Mama Ten. Leysam was able to reach his home very late and reported that their place was flooded but everyone is okay.

Everyone was busy communicating with their family, making sure that everyone is okay. Maine was burning her phone as Jason is being difficult, insisting to come and get her and brave the rain and flood. It was actually his insecurity that is pushing him to do this as he came to know that Maine is stranded with Alden around. Maine does not want to accommodate the idea as she knows that she makes it point that Jason feels secure in their relationship. Nagalit na lang si Maine sa pagpipilit ni Jason that made him stop kasi nagalit na si Maine and very rare na magalit si Maine and Jason just had to give in and just let her stay in APT until the storm and flood ease up. After that long and stressful talk Maine was so drained when she entered the main room where they eat and do their touch ups. JoWaPao were all there nagkukuwentuhan. when Pao noticed the frown on Maine's face. 

O bakit ang haba ng nguso mo diyan? - Pao

Maine sat beside him at umakap dito habang nag sabi ng kanyang pagka inis. Si Jason kasi Kuya inubos energy ko, nagpipilit pumunta dito para sunduin ako sa gitna ng ulan, traffic and baha. - Maine

O e baka may dalang speedboat para makuha ka hahahaha - Pao

Kuya naman e. Tigas ng uloi kung di ko pa kinagalitan at masigawan di matitinag nakakainis - Maine

Nag aalala lang naman yun jowa mo ikaw naman - Pao

I am here sa APT safe ako dito bakit kailangan maging OA. I am with the people that are my second family bakit kailangan mag worry? Si Nanay at Tatay nga nakampante ng malaman na andito ako sa APT na stranded e - Maine

After saying that, Alden entered the room with chips and offered it to everyone in the room. After Maine got some for her and Pao, Alden proceeded to offer the chips to others in the room.

Sinabi mo ba kay Jason kung sino mga kasama mo na stranded dito? - Pao

Oo sinabi ko lahat, para ng akong nag roll call e - Maine

Ahh kaya naman pala (side comment nito sabay ngiti)  - Pao

Maine just ignored the side comment and continued to eat the chips. 

Meantime, Alden was talking to Kuya Jose and Kuya Wally, they were just bantering and laughing when Alden's phone rang - si Mama Ten. Alden answered it right away, and was relieved to hear from Mama Ten. His family and Mama Ten's are all okay and that they have enough stock of food and emergency needs. After talking to Mama Ten, Alden was silent, closed his eyes and said a short prayer of thanks. 

Jose and Wally was just observing him. And after uttering a short silent prayer, Alden was back with his usual self. Even asked Jose and Wally's family if they are all okay. Good thing that everyone was all safe. They were all talking random things in the room Maine and Pao already joined the conversation as they both moved to where there three was sitting. Maine sat at the couch where Alden is sitting and eating the chips that was shared to her. They were all laughing at random stories. Napasarap ang kuwentuhan at nakaramdam na sila ng gutom. The APT studio has a small kitchen and pantry that they raided. They have a staff that takes care of their food and cooked what is available for the staff that was stranded. Lahat sila nagtulong tulong sa pag prepare ng food and made sure that they all eat together. It was a happy environment in the middle of a crisis. Everyone was keeping tab on the news and what is happening outside. They were all devastated seeing the news. 

Sa gitna ng panonood ng news nagsalita si Maine 'kawawa naman mga tao' may at awa at panghihinayang. 'Ano kaya kung mag raise tayo ng funds for them' sabi ni Alden. Sinangayunan naman ito ni Jose at Wally. 'Paano? sige nga? Ano mag On Air tayo?' challenge ni Pao. Tumayo si Alden at hinanap si Direk Patchy Pie at mga writers na stranded din doon. At nagsimula na silang mag brainstorming. They will be using Social Media Platform via live streaming. They will be doing a mini concert na tipong chillax lang, spontaneous tapos magpapadala ng stars kung nasa FB, gifts kung nasa Kumu, live din sa YouTube at TikTok, tapos mga pledges or donations na mag flash sa screen kung san magpapadala. Everyone was excited and they received a go signal from Mr. Tuviera to use the studio for their live performance.

And so, they started the live show with ShySinger at the keyboard. JoWaPao ang bumangka, masaya ang mga on the spot discussions nila tapos on the spot songs nila solo, as a group and duets. Maine and Alden enjoyed what they are doing and they know that they are doing it with a purpose. Maine had her share of the stage, she sang Crazy For You, she was applauded by everyone in the studio as she aced it. Alden was a fan and he was very proud of Maine, may paka bully man pero proud na proud siya pati na ang JoWaPao. When it was Alden's turn, he sang When you Say Nothing At All, and like Maine, he aced the song as well. A number of people know that the song is one of Maine's favorite. Wally noticed that while Alden was singing Maine was also singing and they were looking at each other, like no one is in the room, like Alden was singing it for Maine. Jose and Paolo noticed the same and just when the song ended they were teased by JoWaPao. 'Ang daming langgam!!!' sabi ni Wally.  'Oy! Jose umayos ka naapakan mo yun buhok ni Menggay', sabi ni Pao. 'Ay!!! pasensya na', salo naman ni Jose. Nagtawanan lang sina Maine at Alden, they were enjoying what they are doing. 

Updates were given from time to time and what they are receiving online and they are trending already and the number of viewers  went on an all time high. Even other artists were sending stars, gifts and donations. Some are even requesting songs for them to sing. There was one request to have Maine and Alden do an on the spot duet. And they sang Till They Take my Heart Away with perfect harmony like they have been singing it for the longest time already.

They were having so much fun, they were telling jokes, dance TikTok, they even had games Charade with a Twist and Sagutan through Songs. They were having fun ang at the same time they were earning and their goal was achieved. JoWaPao was very supportive and they were so happy with what they were doing until it was time to end the stream. They ended the stream with a prayer.

----------------------------------------------

sorry for the very late update - author

**errors under your care no proof reading made gusto ko na kasi mag update - author**