Chapter 68 - Forward - A series of events

Right after that typhoon incident, Jason met Maine at home, just after Tatay and Dean left Maine's house. He came with flowers and food to show his sorry for the way she reacted the last time they talked over the phone. Maine kept silent throughout Jason's explanation. She  just nodded her response to say that she has forgiven him. Yet at the back of her mind, her thoughts was that this man is so insecure about RJ when he already have me as a girlfriend. She was questioning herself to the point that she may be falling short of making Jason feel secure in the relationship. She now doubted that she may be not doing her part as the girlfriend. She is now overthinking things, doubting herself and when she is like this she turns to her bestfriend o di kaya sa mga Ate nya.  Pero lahat sila iisa ang sinasabi - ang pagiging girlfriend is not a responsibility or obligation. That she should enjoy the relationship by being herself and not taking the girlfriend as a job. Wala sa kanya and diperensya kundi na kay Jason - he is insecure na di maintindihan kung bakit.

After that incident, everyone moved on to their everyday job in EB and in one of the episode, guest si Kayla, na once upon a time Alden dated her. Naikwento pa nga ito ni Alden kay Maine during their chance encounter in Italy. Tapos na ang EB show and Kayla was fixing her things getting ready to leave. When Maine entered the room where the other guests were housed (by the way Maine and Kayla share the same agency which makes them no stranger to each other) Kayla said hi with beso and Maine reciprocated. They made small talks, Maine wanted to ask about Alden but it is not her place to ask. So, hindi na lang sya nag ask, until sumilip si Alden sa room and from the door called Kayla 'Princess, be ready in 3 minutes paalam lang ako sa kabila' and immediately left. That earned a comment from Maine 'Sweet naman he calls you Princess, you call him your Prince?' Kayla smiled at her. 'Okay sorry that was not my place to tell', Maine said. Kayla turned to her and said, 'We met in one of my musical play wherein I played Princess Elsa. It was not a term of endearment because I can never his Princess.' Because you are his Queen' Maine finished. Kyla stared at her with a questioning look and Maine noticed and asked 'What? Did I said something wrong?' Kyla just smiled at her while getting her things and was on her way out of the room when she turned back to Maine and said (smiling) 'You are his queen and will always be his queen, even if he would not admit it, I felt it kaya naging good friends kami. And I call him Abu by the way (winked with a smile and left the room)

Meanwhile, Maine was left stunned with what Kyla said. Hindi niya alam paano mag rereact sa sinabi ni Kyla. She stared at herself at the mirror, she has these questions going on her mind and the time in Italy flashbacked but she just shrugged it off and tried to move on fixing her things as if it meant nothing just a typical banter for her.

-----------------------------

As the days moved on Alden is seen lesser in EB and one Saturday, just a few minutes before the closing he made an announcement that he will be taking a leave from EB because of pending commitments. Everyone knew about this except for Maine, who was surprised with the announcement. After the show, Alden was busy saying his goodbye to all, from the staff to the host and Mr. Tuviera. While, Mama Ten at Leysam were gathering his things from the shared room with Maine when she came in. She didn't know what to say, what to act with these two inside. Will she ask? Tama bang magtanong, pwede bang magtanong? She was taken to the present when she heard Mama Ten ask her 'Meng, iwan ko yun ibang gamit ni RJ ha balikan ko na lang if ever mapadaan ako' and that is when she started to talk 'Oo naman walang problema. Parang matatagalan kayo ng pagbalik ah' and timing Alden entered the room and as if on queue Leysam and Mama Ten left the room. 

There was total silence, no one knows who is going to break that silence. Until Maine asked 'Dami mo na naman project?' and Alden just said 'Medyo need mag focus para matapos lahat e' 'O, basta wag masyado ha baka bumigay na naman katawan mo, hinay lang' yun lang nasabi ni Maine. RJ just nodded and smiled at her and gave her a heartfelt hug and a lingering kiss on her forehead and said 'Lagi ka mag iingat at alagaan mo sarili mo. Always be happy' With that, Maine was teary eyed, she was thinking overdrive, pakiramdam nya di babalik si RJ, that this was their last encounter. Negative na naman naiisip niya, she was trying to sway her mind that this is just work and he needs to work on his commitments. Pero iba ang nararamdaman nya sa iniisip nya and that what made her teary eyed. And just after RJ told her to take care and kiss her forehead he went on his way without turning back to take one last look at her. 

Just outside the room, RJ was also teary eyed because this is the most painful decision he has ever made. The truth is that he accepted a project overseas and requires him to stay there for a longer period of time. Only Mr. Tuviera and Bossing knows the details of this and this is the move that he once told Bossing. This move will help him move forward and accept the fact that Maine is with someone now and that he do not want the guy that space to have Maine. The incidents that he heard and witnessed was enough for him to decide that Maine needs to be treated well and be happy but his presence affects the guy's treatment of Maine and he does not want that to happen. 

RJ's step outside the APT studio was with a heavy heart. Bossing met him at the parking space and shook his hand 'So ito na yun? sa tingin mo this will be good for her?' Yes, Bossing para na rin sa akin. This is good for everybody' 'I hope someday  you both will see each other again na buo na kayo individually' 'Salamat Bossing, ikaw na po bahala sa kanya' 'Babalik ka pa nararamdaman ko yan at pagbalik mo okay na ang lahat'

And that was RJ 's last at APT and EB.

------------------------------------

**sorry sa very very late update I was busy but will now be updating** - author

**errors under your care po***