Chapter 15 - Catching Up

After that morning chat at their new favorite cafe, they took a walk back to Ostello Bello exchanging stories of how things were at EB, at the set of their own TV shows, and about the people, they are close with. It was nice to know that nothings changed for most of the people they know and work with. 

Alden's POV

Would I dare ask about Jason and her? Would she answer me? I guess it's not yet time. She to warm up again with me before I ask that. I wonder what happened to them that drove her here in Italy. 

Maine's POV

Do I dare ask if he's with someone special already? Will he answer me? Do I know the girl? What is she like? Is he happy with her? Is she the reason why he needs to take an indefinite leave? I think it's too early still to ask. He needs to warm up with me still. 

The same thoughts, same din kaya ng laman ng mga puso nila? They are enjoying this talk and the long walks, the breakfast in the small cafe is a start. There are unclear things that needed to be cleared out, still have a lot of catching up to do. But this is a good start.

As the two reached the entrance of the Ostello Bello, Alden opened the door for Maine and just as they are on their way to their rooms, Alden asked "Would you like to have lunch with me?" Maine, smiled and said "Nah not today I have somewhere important to go to and meet with. Next time perhaps." Alden was a bit disappointed but did not insist he just said, "Alright, be careful. You still have my number, right? Just give me a call if you need anything" "Yeah I still have your number, that is if you did not change it." Alden smiled and nodded, "It's still the same number"

Maine was about to enter her room, when she remembered something and stopped to ask "RJ, I remember that you have two phones which number do I use?" Alden smiled, dimple showing "Use the number with only one contact listed, the other number is strictly for work and you are not work Menggay"  Maine smiled after hearing that answer. "By the way, you also have two phones, which one will I use to communicate with you?" Alden asked. "It's the one that is personal and not work-related" and she hurriedly went inside and close the door. Alden was all smiles because he knows that it is the same phone he has that only one contact is listed - his number.

Maine got ready as she is to meet her friends from college that are now working in Italy. They agreed to meet at a resto-bar and it was not difficult to find. They were all so happy to see each other catching up with their loves while they drink. It's been a long while when Maine visited a bar and be with her friends to drink. She was free in Italy, no judgment, no eyes to scrutinize her. She was free to do anything. Anna, her "kababata" was teasing her about Jason, saying that she isn't really into the guy. She knows her so well to tell her that. She looked at her, and asked: "what made you say that?". "For one, your eyes defy you, second the smile is plain, it doesn't reach your eyes at all. Lastly, you are not yourself when you are around him," Anna said then gulped the Gin tonic she has on hand.

I was taken aback by what Anna said and I started to question, doubt myself. Anna was not the only one who told me about those things. It's just that Anna is the closest friend I have, she is like a sister from a different mom. "Let's not talk about him now, I want to enjoy this time with you guys. I promise we'll have that time to talk. So let's party!!" 

And so they did and got drunk, Maine was too drunk to go back to Ostello Bello which is why Anna took her home. They were laughing, giggling like teenage girls as they struggle to open the door to her room when Alden went out of his room. He was so surprised to see Maine sitting on the floor, wasted while Anna struggles to open the door. Alden immediately went to Maine to see if she's ok. Then looked at Anna who was as surprised as he is seeing her with Maine, "Anna? what are you doing here?" 

"Oh my gosh! RJ! what the f*** what are you doing here? How have you been?" hugs Alden. "Long time no see! Wait, are you two vacationing together?" Maine laughed so hard hearing that question from Anna. "Let's go inside first and have Menngay settle inside. let me do that" Alden got the key from Anna and open the door let Anna in, he got Maine and assisted her to stand up and led her inside her room, and then close the door.

Inside the room, Alden got busy helping Maine settle to bed. He helped her by preparing her toothbrush and towel after washing her face and the sleepwear to change into. He was by the door watching Maine like a hawk, worried that she would fall and doze off. Then he made sure that she goes to bed and fall asleep, she was too drunk that she slept easily.

Meantime, Anna was all eyes watching Alden take care of Maine. She was sitting in one corner of the room sipping coffee prepared by Alden from his room. Anna was so enamored with how Alden takes care of her friend. She wonders what happened to these two that led Maine to Jason. As soon as Alden was sure that Maine was already asleep he joined Anna in the corner and sat across her "sumobra ata ang partying ah! Ngayon ko lang ulit nakita yan nagka ganyan".

Anna smiled, "Oo at walang pinagbago ganun mo pa rin siya asikasuhin." Alden just smiled at her. "Nice to see you here, dito ka pala nakakuha ng work. Akala namin sa London ka tumuloy, biglaan pag alis mo ha walang pasabi" "Long story RJ, we will have the time para mag catch up, for now I am happy to see you two. And I have to go. I still have work tomorrow kahit Saturday. I will definitely contact you guys so we can all catch up. Nice to see you RJ, I am so happy that you are here, tsaka ko na tatanungin why are you here, why the two of you are here. We have all the time. For now let the Queen sleep and we too should sleep."

The two left the room and Alden led Anna to the door where a cab was waiting for her to take her home. He thanked her and gave her a goodnight hug.

---------------------------------------------------------

sorry matagal d nakapag update - author

errors, grammars, spelling under your care this was not proofread :)