Chapter 7 - Pinakbet at GG

I woke up early today to go hiking in Milan. I was told by Alessandro that there are trails in Milan that is good for hiking that I should check out. And so today I will be hiking, I will take the tram as it is faster so I can finish the trail early and can head back early. My backpack was prepared the night before as I am OC like that. I passed by the pantry to get coffee for my thermos so that I can enjoy sipping a hot coffee while I take a walk by the lake as I go to the tram station. I left Ostello Bello exactly 4:00 AM like I planned it to be.

While I was on my way I stopped at my new favorite little coffee shop and picked up a buttered croissant to eat while I happily walk to the tram station. It says that it will be for a good 16-20 minutes train ride to get to Milan. I am excited as I have missed hiking with my friends back home. Today I get to do that here in Italy.

Back at Ostello Bello, Mikoy came in 10 minutes after 4:00 AM, he woke up late that's why. As soon as he enters the residence he immediately did his tasks based on the list that was provided for him. It was at around 7:30 AM when he tried knocking at Alden's room to ask what Filipino food dish he wants for Nay Rosa to cook for him at dinner. But there was no answer from the room. Mikoy went ahead with his tasks and called Nay Rosa to tell that the person in the first room on the second floor is not answering his knock. Suggested to Nay Rosa to cook anything that is Filipino and the guy would eat it anyway.

Maine got out of her room wearing her running gear as she decided to take a jog by the lake this morning and would stay in her room probably the whole day and catch up on her reading or go back and start her blog, it's been a while since her last entry. She chanced upon Mikoy cleaning at the library of the residence and waved at him.

Mikoy: Ganda natin dalawa this morning ah. I love your outfit girl.

Maine: Oh thank you. Jogging lang ako, see you later.

And so, Maine went out for a walk first by the lake and did some stretching. Sat on one of the benches looking at the beautiful lake, she remembered the last time she was here it was for a movie shoot, her first full length actually and it was with Alden. Her thoughts wandered - How is he now? Where is he now? Did he meet someone special already? A lot has happened, a lot has changed from the time we had talked about what we have. We were so happy that time, the long talks, the long drive we had when our schedules allowed it, the very discreet late dinner, the exchange of letters. My family welcomed him in Bulacan and me, in Laguna by his family too. Everything was going great but we do not know what we are to each other. 

Did I make the right decision? Her thoughts were interrupted by a Siberian Husky fetching a ball that fell beside her left foot. She was caught by surprise and she knelt down to pet the dog and gave the ball as it ran away from her. She stood and started to jog around. It was almost lunch when she reached the small cafe where she had coffee the other day. She ordered a different serving of croissants, this time with cheese.  It was a light meal and I enjoyed it, I ordered tea to go and walked around thrift shops, I was able to pick up some items for the kitchen of my new home. I enjoyed going inside the small bookstores and picked up some books to read.

The sun started to set while I enjoy the walk I am having I didn't notice the time. I stopped and looked at the sunset - does he watch the sunset with someone now? I just had to shake off the thought - I am here to relax and just be myself. I need to be getting back, I was enjoying the walk back to Ostello Bello again losing track of the time and it was already 8:30 PM. As I enter the Ostello residence, a woman was going out while trying to search for something in her bag that she was struggling to open the door using her body as she scrambles for something in her bag, she didn't even notice that I opened the door for her. As soon as she stepped out I entered the residence and when straight to my room. 

I laid down on the bed with the things I bought - damn I am so tired and starving. I picked up my keys and went down to the kitchen to look for something to eat and noticed a note slightly tucked under a food cover, it says "Kabayan, kumain ka masarap ito niluto ko for you, enjoy eating" - she smiled, and thought that it was Mikoy who left the note and the food. Maine lifted the cover to see Pinakbet and fried Galungong with rice, she smiled and started to look for a plate, spoon, fork and started to heart heartily. It tasted good, so good that almost nothing was left - I need to thank Mikoy for this, she thought and she burped.

It was very late when Alden got back home to Ostello Bello from the hiking and he was dead tired, he went straight to his room, hit the shower and the bed, and was fast asleep in no time.

--------------------------------------

will they ever see each other? - are you enjoying reading this? please let me know - author