Chapter 69 - Forward - Series of events 2

Nakaraan ang maraming araw, parang normal lang sa EB na wala si Alden kasi sanay naman sila na actor si Alden in the first place at pag may project siya talaga naman mas uunahin nya yun. Pero para kay Maine, akala niya okay siya kasi sanay na siya but there are instances that she looks forward to seeing him in EB but she must accept the fact that he is an actor and has a lot of commitments to fulfill. Kahit sa GC nila sa viber di ito nagpaparamdam pero di naman nag leleave sa GC nila. She just hope that he is okay.

As the days passed by, Maine also got busy with her commitments while her boyfriend Jason was also busy trying to get projects to come his way. He was able to get a few but never managed to be a hit, he is a good actor though it is a given as he is also being recognized for his acting. But still, he is not getting the attention he needs when it comes to his career. One time he was with Chong and he expressed this frustration with him and all Chong said to him was, 'be seen with your girlfriend and take her to your circle that will give you the notice you want' Jason is not good with the idea as he always wanted their relationship private. Chong continues to say, 'wag ka nga dyan pa private e you love the attention naman kunwari ka pa na you want to keep it private pero you love the attention kapag maraming reporters pa low key ka rin e ano?' And with that Jason cannot return the banter or answer the comment, he just sighed. 

In one of Maine's taping, Jason surprised her with a visit and Maine was indeed surprised by the visit and appreciates it but she is not comfortable with it as there was a reporter present waiting to interview her. But he is there so she can't do anything but to accommodate him. He stayed until she finished the work. While Maine is being interviewed he let himself be in a position that he can be seen in the camera that as if he does not know. And because of that it created a frenzy when the interview was aired on TV. He was talked about and he likes it as it gives him media mileage. There were instances that he would take Maine with her and made sure that there would be reported or the place that they will be in will be with people that would notice them and get to be talked about in SOCMED. Maine has no comment to what was happening, for her it was normal including the bashing - sanay na siya dun. While Jason enjoys the attention a lot he made sure that he spends time with Maine all the more.

One time while they were on a date, Maine received a call from her siblings to say that Tatay was rushed to the hospital that is near from where they are and they rushed to the hospital. When they reached the hospital, Maine was surprised to see that Nanay was there as Jason was finding his way to park his car. Nagulat si Maine makita si Nanay na kausap si RJ. In her mind, What is he doing here? Until Nanay noticed her presence and Maine paid her respect, and asked what happened. 

While RJ was talking to someone on the phone, according to Nanay, Tatay was at the site of a construction and felt dizzy all of a sudden. Good thing that RJ was at the site and took him to the hospital and called her. What was he doing at the site? asked Maine. The project that Tatay was doing was RJ's house and was there with last minute updates as RJ will be gone for a while to do his commitments, according to Nanay. With that information, Maine was stunned as she did not know anything about this - RJ building his own house and Tatay being part of the construction - kailan pa nangyayari ito at bakit wala siyang alam?

After talking to someone on the phone, RJ approached Nanay and Maine to bid his goodbye. He told Nanay to be strong that and that not to worry, Tatay will be fine and hugged Nanay tight to assure that it will be alright. He bid his goodbye to Maine as well with a hug as well and went his way. And on his way he met Jason on the way and shook his hand and went his way. Jason was surprised with what he witnessed. Nagtatanong din ang isipan niya - ano ginagawa niya dito?

And he approached Nanay and Maine, nag mano ito kay Nanay as a sign of respect. They were waiting for the doctor to come out and give them updates and when the doctor came out, they were given an update that Tatay was over fatigued that he needed rest. And then the doctor asked for RJ and Nanay told him that he already left. It appears that the doctor was a family friend and RJ made sure that Tatay is attended to immediately and given full attention. The doctor informed them that Tatay is already settled in his room as arranged by RJ. By this time all of Maine's sibling is already at the hospital and now in the room of Tatay. The room was a private presidential suite that is big enough to fit all of them in case they all wanted to stay and sleep. Her siblings were not a bit surprised at all that Tatay was with RJ when Tatay felt unwell. They all knew about the project except for Maine. The siblings acted normal about it so as not to make Jason feel uneasy. Everyone was doing their thing when Tatay woke up and asked for a glass or water that Nanay gave him. He asked, nasan si RJ? and Nanay answered, umalis na kanina pa pero ibinilin ka nya sa doctor at inayos lahat ng kakailanganin mo pati itong kwarto mo siya na nag asikaso. Nakakahiya sa batang yon pero salamat at andun siya ng mahilo ako. And everyone went silent hearing that including Jason and Maine who looked at each other.

Nanay decided to stay with Tatay together with Coleen and Dean, while the others had to go home and promised to be back soon. Maine and Jason bid their goodbyes and was on their way to the parking in silence. Inside the car, no one spoke about the day's happening. Jason took Maine to her home and stayed awhile before heading home. They were in the garden when Jason finally spoke and said, 'close talaga siya sa family niyo noh hanggang ngayon? ' Maine looked at him and said, 'ikaw rin naman close sa amin di ba?'  Yes, kasi I am your boyfriend' Jason answered. 'Yes you are and he is not so please let us not fight over this', Maine pleaded. Jason kept quiet and stood up to say his goodbye. 

Jason went home and was seating at their sala thinking, he is jealous sobra di nya alam kung bakit siya nagseselos kung tutuusin siya naman ang boyfriend. Her mom took notice of his presence and went to talk to him - May problema ba? Mukha kang balisa ano problema? Jason told her mom what happened and she only has this to say to him, 'anak siguraduhin mo sa sarili mo na talagang mahal mo si Maine kasi kung mahal mo siya mamahalin mo ang lahat sa kanya kasama ang mga bahagi ng buhay niya noon at ngayon. Wag papatalo sa insecurity, tandaan mp ikaw ang pinili ni Maine. 'Ako nga ang pinili, pero ako ba ang mahal?' tanong nito. Bakit may pagdududa anak? Ipinaramdam ba sayo ni Maine na di ka nya mahal? Nakikita ko naman na napaka supportive niya sayo. 'Ewan ko Ma but that is the way I feel' Magusap kayo anak that is the only way to keep the relationship stronger. Ask her, talk to her. At alisin mo yan insecurity mo at yan ang mag  papahamak sa relasyon nyo.' And with that his Mom just hugged him tight and bid him goodnight. 

Meanwhile, Maine was staring at the ceiling and can't sleep with what happened today and what she found out. Her whole family knows about RJ's house being built under the supervision of their Tatay, except her. Di sya mapakali so she called Coleen and asked about it. She later found out that, Tatay volunteered to supervise the construction and guided RJ on everything about the house from the draft of the blueprint to the materials needed and the labor. Tatay is hands on on the project and frequents the place whenever he can. She found out from Coleen the location  of the place and Maine shared to Coleen that the land where the house is being built was the land that they both wanted to purchase and was planning to build their dream house. It was during those times that they had their mutual understanding that this came about. She didn't know that RJ purchased the land and is now building the house. Now she is shocked more than ever but she shouldn't be affected by it as they have both moved forward. After that conversation with Coleen, Maine wasn't able to sleep and was staring now on her phone with only one contact in it. She wanted to send a message, just to thank him for what he did to Tatay. But there was a part of her that prevents her from doing so. But something prevailed and she sent him a message of thanks. No response from the text that she sent out. She was thinking that he was probably sleeping already or working. So she just let it be and tried to sleep.

He saw the text message, but he was firm not to answer - tama na yun para di ako maka abala sa kanila - sabi nya sa sarili nya and continue to play the computer.

--------------------------------------

another update, there's more to come thank you for reading - author

errors under your care, I just want to update dami kong nasa isip e :)