Continue Chapter 62 - Jason and Maine

So san sa Bataan kayo tumuloy? - Jason

Dun sa nabili namin property a few years ago - Maine (she was observing Jason's demeanor if he is going to follow up the question, she was ready  to offer the information anyway without being asked. Wala naman siya dapat itago. But Jason's phone rang and it seemed from an important person as Jason answered it right away)

Maine made herself busy by looking at the menu while Jason is busy talking to someone on his phone. When he was done, we was checking something and has changed his demeanor. Medyo nainis ito habang may tinitignan sa phone nya.

Ang saya naman pala ng outing nyo (while scrolling through his phone) and I am sure fiesta na naman sa social media - Jason

Masaya naman yun naging outing namin it was long overdue at minsan lang makumpleto ang team barangay (while still looking at the menu left) - Maine

You also looked very happy, obviously (with sarcasm in his voice) - Jason

What do you mean? - Maine (started to check social media through her phone) 

Trending sila ni Alden sa lahat ng social media platform because of the pictures that were taken from their team barangay outing. The pictures were from the games they all played and other pictures that were very candid. They were very happy and just being themselves, not actors but just co-workers with the other production staffs and with JoWaPao.  They were no awkwardness. there were stolen shots wherein they seem to be in a serious talk in one corner holding their drinks. There were pictures that even Maine and Alden were not aware that they were being photographed but there was nothing suggestive or anything. The comments were consistent in saying that they look happy, the pictures exudes genuine happiness and smiles.  There was one particular pictures that did not sit well with Jason and that picture was the one wherein Alden was carrying Maine like a bride - they were with other people and they were goofing around.

Maine was looking at the pictures and she was genuinely happy seeing the photos, walang malisya sa kanya kasi masaya naman talage yun naging outing nila. She just felt that may mali nung pinakita ni Jason yun picture na karga sya ni Alden. 

O, what's wrong with the picture? We were goofing around and having fun, clean fun. - Maine

Just in time, their food arrived and is being served on their table. Medyo quiet ang naging dinner ng dalawa. Mga simpleng tanong at sagot lang ang nangyari. Di na nagtanong pa ulit si Jason at di na  nag attempt mag explain si Maine dahil wala naman dapat ipaliwanag dahil wala naman silang ginawang masama ni Alden. The silence continued sa sasakyan on their way to Maine's place. Di na bumaba ng sasakyan si Jason dahil pinasok naman nya ang sasakyan sa drive way so that Maine will not walk all the way thru the entrance. 

Are we good? - Maine

Okay naman, di na ako bababa I will let you rest and I will call you later when I get home. Thank you for spending time with me tonight (and placed a kiss on her cheek) - Jason

Alright. Drive carefully, thank you for the dinner too. Talk to you later. Good night (and went out of the car) - Maine

Jason, was quiet driving to nowhere. He's been thinking of those pictures on social media and it is eating his insecurities. Those pictures says a lot and no matter how hard he denies it his eyes cannot betray him. He now questions himself if he makes Maine happy. Her smile in those pictures were so authentic it lightens her eyes. Is that love he sees in her eyes whenever she is with that guy? What's with the two of them anyway? Jason has a lot of questions that he dares ask Maine, he is not sure if he is scared to hear what she going to say or the truth itself. But hey, Maine is my girlfriend now, she chose me over him, he tells himself. He keeps saying that to himself. He was psyching himself to boost his confidence.

Jason has been going through a lot as he has not gotten any projects lately, the last two he had was the movie with Maine that did not really make a hit in the box office and the other is the teleserye that has ended. When he courted Maine, it was true what he felt about her. He was mum about being public with their relationship. Hence, when the press knew about it he is always bombarded with questions, napapansin na siya wherever he goes and Jason likes the feeling but every time he is asked about Maine he would like to play it down and just say that he wants to keep it private. As it progress, Jason is liking the attention that he gets especially when they are in public. The attention he gets allowed him to get projects and endorsements but he is not getting a contract or offer that will allow him to do big projects. And because of that the more he becomes insecure. And now, with them trending in social media again the more he becomes insecure, or jealous to be more precise.

Jason stopped driving and found himself in the restaurant that Chong owns, he wants to talk to someone that understands him and talks to him without filter. He enters the place and found Chong at the corner doing paperwork and accounting and so he just slipped through to join him across and Chong was surprised with his presence.

What brought you here? - Chong

Can I have a beer please? And I just need to talk to someone. - Jason

Waves to one of the crew and orders beer. Ano nanaman ang problema mo? - Chong

Naiinis ako.....gulps the beer, sobrang naiinis ako - Chong

Saan ka naman naiinis aber? - Chong

Jason took out his phone and opened the social media and showed it to Chong. Alden and Maine are trending. Natawang tinignan ni Chong ang mga posted pictures sa social media.

Don't tell me affected ka sa mga yan? Jason, girlfriend mo ang Phenomenal Girl ano at naaapektuhan ka pa ng mga yan? - Chong

Yun na nga dapat di ako naapektuhan but the truth be told I am affected - Jason

Ah, nagseselos ka? - Chong

Di kumibo si Jason nilagok muli ang beer, bottoms up and started another bottle. Lalo lang natawa si Chong sa kanya.

--------------------------------

so sorry for the late update got sick po -  author

**errors under your care po gusto ko lang makapag update***