Are we friends? (10)

Start from the beginning

Two unyielding fingers come down my chin, heaving it up, forcing me to look up.

Man, mission failed.

"Don't look down, princess. I love your blush. It's mine now", he states while his eyes are twinkling, making them look brighter.

His smile appears again. This time brighter, showing his bright white teeth. It seems like he was in cloud nine.

I on the other hand couldn't do anything but blink my eyes rapidly. My stomach was making back flips and my cheeks were on fire.

This girl is literally on fire!

"L-let's go to work", I stutter quietly, still embarrassed.

Mason chuckles slightly and opens the door for me.

☆☆☆

After minutes passed by I remark something weird. Something really weird.

"Mason, we already passed by the building", I spoke, looking outside the window.

Has he forgotten where he worked? Is he working so hard that it's getting to his head and he's getting crazy?

"I know, princess", he responds casually as if it were normal.

But it isn't!

A frown forms on my face. I'm frustrated by the confusion. Wanting to discover what he meant, I didn't even know a pout was forming on my lips.

I gasp when I finally found the only solution possible.

"Are you going to kill me?", I gulp. My eyes widen in horror.

Mason reflects my face. It looks like he couldn't believe his eyes. His teeth clenched on each other and for a moment he closes his eyes.

"No, princess. Never", he hisses it out. His face still displaying hurt clearly, making my heart ache in pain.

"I'm sorry, Mason", I whisper ashamed of my question.

"It's nothing, princess. It's morning and I want you to eat a good breakfast before starting the morning", he confesses.

"Thank you, but I already had breakfast", I say, not wanting to bother him.

    "What did you have, princess?", he asks, narrowing his eyes.

"A cup of tea and a bagel."

"That's not enough, princess. You need to eat more, much more", he demands with this bossy tone, but it's still soft and caring.

     "But-"

I get instantly cut off by his glare, giving me this don't-look.

    Nah, he didn't.

Dude, who does he think he is? My father?

I cross my arms around my cleavage and let a small huff out, pouting my lips.

After 10 more minutes the car stops. I look out the window and see that we're in a way too fancy area. It's so overwhelming that I almost want to throw up from the uneasiness.