"Oh, why ever not?" Lauren feigns shock. I love this. I love how we can just fall into comfortable conversation. The situation is far from ideal, but we are making the most of it right now. We are safe her. Tomorrow may be a different story, but tonight... it's just us.

"I've never felt like this before." Not even realising the words had fallen from my mouth, I looked up to see if she had heard me. Yep, of course, she did.

"Y-You've never been in a relationship before?" Furrowing her brow, Lauren's face held a little... shock?

"What? Of course, I have." I laugh. "Am I that bad at all of this that you think I've been single up until now?"

"No." She shakes her head. "I just, what do you mean?"

"Being with you is different to everything I've ever felt. Everything I've ever imagined. I didn't think anything could feel this good." Reaching out for her hands, I take them in my own and run my thumb across her knuckles. "You are something else, Lauren. You really are."

Tears forming in brown eyes, I give her a sad smile and tighten my grip. "Please don't cry. This is good. So good. I just thought you should know."

"Thank you." She sighs.

"For what?"

"For giving me a chance. More than once. That night outside the club when you said we couldn't be together, I was fully prepared to try and piece my life back together after I'd gotten over you. I understood. But now? Now, I couldn't ever imagine being away from you."

"Feels good, huh?"

"So good." She smiles before removing herself from her seat. Pulling me up, she wraps her arms around my waist and rests her head in the crook of my neck. I could stay like this forever. "Sit with me?"

"I'd love to." Taking in the decoration of her apartment, it's now clear to me that Lauren has grown up with a lot of money. What pleases me is that she doesn't flaunt it. She doesn't show that she has all of this. To me, she will always be the woman I met. Money or not, it doesn't interest me.

Flopping down on the couch beside the beautiful brunette, we fell into a comfortable silence and allowed our minds to wander. I'm all for the hot steamy sex, but being here like this is just as good. Maybe even better. Knowing that we are locked away from the world, with no one but ourselves to keep us occupied, it's amazing. "You happy, Lauren?"

"More than you could know." She sighs and places her head against my chest. "So much more than you could ever imagine."

"Good." Running my fingers through her hair, I lightly graze her scalp which elicits a low moan. "I don't want you to ever think that you have to be here with me, though. I know you have friends, and I know what university is like."

"I love my friends, but I'd rather be here with you. Besides, I see them every day in class." I feel her shrug and I tighten my grip.
......

Waking up in Lauren's arms, and in Lauren's apartment felt awesome. I've woken up in her arms a lot lately but knowing that I would be seeing her today in class and then probably tonight felt better than it ever had. Would we be able to keep our hands off of each other today? We have to. Whether we want to or not. Feeling Lauren stir beside me, I run my fingers up her naked back and smile. The sunlight barely making an appearance, I roll onto my side and face her. God, I could look at her all day.

Her jawline so defined that it makes me weak at the knees, and her beautiful lips so full that I could taste them all day long, I simply stir. It's all I can do. Running my fingertip along her soft lips, she smiles and places a kiss on the tip. "Mm, morning beautiful lady."