Chapter 46

"Dad, what are you doing here?"

"Jeffrey called me last night, he told me what happened between you and mom," Dennis said, entering the ward, holding a big bouquet of red flowers in his hands.

"You really didn't have to come and apologize for mom" Emma sighed.

"I'm not here to apologize, I came here to see my lovely family and my grandchild" Dennis smiled, looking proudly at the little screen.

"Her name is Olivia"

I looked over at Emma. Her eyes were watering and her beautiful smile covered her entire face. She was more than delighted; I could tell by the way she reacted when her dad spoke. The way they looked at each other gave it all away; infinite love.

"She's so big already, you guys have been pretty good at hiding it" Dennis giggled as he looked at me

"She's so big already, you guys have been pretty good at hiding it" Dennis giggled as he looked at me. "I'm so happy for both of you, I really am" he added.

The midwife, whom still was in the room, placed a Doppler on Emma's belly and turned on the monitor. We were all speechless and only the sound of Olivia's heartbeat could be heard in the room. Emma covered her mouth with her hands and Dennis smiled warmly at both of us. The atmosphere was indescribable good; everything was just perfect.

When the scanning was over the midwife walked us out. Dennis had his arm around Emma as we walked towards the car. I walked behind them, admiring their father-daughter relationship. Emma was holding the pictures of Olivia in her hands and she looked down at them multiple times, smiling widely. Seeing her so happy made me feel even more delighted.

"New car?" Dennis asked, interrupting my state of absolute love, as we stopped.

"Nope... bought it a few years ago. Barely use it, the clutch is bullshit" I giggled, opening the trunk.

"Language!" Emma said, raising her eyebrows.

Dennis laughed and placed a soft kiss on Emma's forehead. He squeezed her body and looked down at the pictures of our little girl. "Can I get one of them?"

"Of course, dad. You don't have to ask" Emma said, handing him a picture. "You can show it to mom if you want to" She added, looking him deeply in the eyes.

"I'll frame it and place it on our nightstand" Dennis smiled.

Emma handed me the pictures and wrapped her arms around her dad; giving him a tight hug as a 'thank you for coming'. Dennis ran his fingers through her hair as he looked down at his daughter.

"Look at you, all grown up already. Where is my little girl?"

"Right here" Emma giggled lovely.

--

As we sat in the car, driving on the motorway, Emma stared out of the window. She was quiet and unusual absent. I placed my hand on her thigh, stroking her gently, trying to show her that I wanted to talk, but she didn't react nor looking at me.

"Emma, you okay?" I questioned as we drove past a restaurant, breaking the silence between us.

No reply.

I looked over at Emma, whom still was staring out of the window, and suddenly tears began streaming down her pink cheeks. When I got the chance I pulled in to the side of the motorway. I turned off the engine and placed my hand on Emma's shoulder. "Baby? What's wrong", "Is it Olivia?"

"No, nothing's wrong, I'm okay" She replied as a tear-drop hit one of the pictures she was holding in her hand.

"Come on sweetheart, you can tell me... you know that"

Emma looked me intensely in the eyes as she finally faced me. She was looking at me like she was suspecting something; like I did something wrong.

"Who is Jasmin?" Emma questioned, looking down at my phone, which was laying on the shelf under the radio.

"What?"

"When you followed my dad to his car, whilst I was sitting in the car waiting for you, someone named Jasmin texted you" Emma spoke as she wiped her eyes. "She sent you heart emojis, Jeffrey".

"Do you suspect that I cheat on you?!" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I-I, no, I'm just confused"

"Yes, you do!" I yelled in anger. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I said, looking out of the windscreen.

My blood boiled and I couldn't help but tighten my hands on the steering wheel. I was disappointed and hurt. Did she really think that I was cheating on her? After all this...

"Jeffrey, I didn't mean it like that, I'm really-"

Tears welled up in my eyes as Emma began her apology spree. The car was parked in the emergency lane and we were arguing like idiots. People most have been thinking that we were crazy, but I didn't care. Her words hurt. Everything hurt.

"Thank you for destroying my entire day, thanks a lot!"

"Listen... Jeffrey, you know-"

"Know what? That you didn't mean it... hell no. How the fuck can you possibly think that I'm cheating on you?"

Emma didn't say anything, she just looked at me; her face expressing nothing but confusing.

"Great, just fuckin great. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight" I said, starting the car.

When we got home I slammed the door shut

When we got home I slammed the door shut. I threw the car keys onto the floor and kicked off my shoes in the middle of the living room. Emma sighed loudly and walked into the bedroom, closing the door slowly behind her.

I opened the balcony door and grabbed my cigarette packet in my leather jacket. A cigarette was much needed. Maybe two, three or five.

--

/ Hiiii. I finally updated. The chapter is short and very trashy, but yeah... I didn't have much time to write. It probably contains mistakes and I'm very sorry about that. Also, I hope you guys don't hate me for making them argue :D Opps. This book is seriously so bad! Sorry.

xo  Michelle