Chapter 28

I wasn't happy about it, but after I calmed down Jeffrey, he sat outside smoking a cigarette. I don't really like when he smokes, but at the same time I don't want to contradict or fight him, so I didn't say anything to him. He just needed some time alone. On the outside he always seems okay, but I know when he is broken and It breaks my heart to see him trying to hide his feelings. Believe me, Jeffrey is a really sensitive man and he will do anything to stay strong.

"You okay?" I asked as I opened the porch door. Jeffrey nodded and ran his fingers through his salt and pepper beard. "Stop lying" I said and walked towards him. Jeffrey shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "I'm sorry Emma" He whispered and looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I don't like seeing you like this" I whispered and cupped his cheek. "Sorry for putting you through all this trouble" He sniveled and wrapped his arms around me. "It's not your fault" I whispered and stroked his back.

"I don't now why I keep getting panic attacks" He said and pulled away. "We need to call the duty doctor tomorrow morning" I replied and he nodded. "Do you want to go home tomorrow? we can book some new flight tickets" I said and looked him deeply in the eyes. "I don't know, I don't know what to say" He replied and looked away. "Norman needs you, he needs both of us" I said and Jeffrey nodded. "Let's leave tomorrow" He replied and kissed my cheek.

"Do you want to go back inside?" I asked and Jeffrey smiled. "Just go, I'll be back in a moment" He said and opened his cigaret packet. "Okay" I sighed and walked back inside.

Jeffrey's POV

Right after Emma closed the porch door, I couldn't held back my feelings anymore. 'Why me? Why him? Why this? Why god?' I said to myself. "Why god?!" I screamed and bit my arm. "Why..?" I cried out and covered my face with my hands.

I opened my cigaret packet and lit another cigarette

I opened my cigaret packet and lit another cigarette. "Screw it" I said and sighed. I was tired, broken and mental disturbed. I looked down at my engagement ring and it made me stub out my cigarette again. I wiped away my tears and stood up. 'Stay strong Jeffrey' I said to myself and walked back inside.

Emma laid down on the mattresses half a sleep. I climbed in next to her and covered our bodies with the comforter. "I love you" I said and kissed the back of her head. "Let me hold you" She replied and turned around, wrapping her arms around me. I felt safe with her and she made me calm down. "You stink" She whispered and I couldn't help but smile. We fell a sleep in each others arms and she made me forget about all the chaos that filled my head.

Next morning I woke up alone. Emma wasn't in bed or in the living room. I was so tired that I didn't even notice that Emma woke up before me and went into town to buy some breakfast.

I took a quick shower before getting dressed, and to be honest, Emma was right. I smelled awful and I really needed a shower. After getting dressed I turned on my laptop and ordered some new flight tickets. They were expensive, but we just wanted to go home and support Norman.

"I'm back" Emma said and smiled as she closed the front door. I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her. "I missed you" I chuckled and looked down on the bags she was holding in her hands. "I bought some fruit and bread" She smiled and pulled away.

"I booked some new tickets" I said and grabbed one of the bags. "When are we leaving?" She asked as I placed the bag on the kitchen counter. "Tonight" I said and looked down. "Okay love" Emma said and squeezed my cheeks. "I'm here" She whispered and I smiled.

"I know"

"You're not showing much yet" I said and placed my hands on her belly

"You're not showing much yet" I said and placed my hands on her belly. "As soon as we get home I'll contact my doctor" She replied and stroked my cheeks. "I can't wait to see the ultrasound scanning" I said, rubbing her belly slowly. "Speaking of doctors, we forgot to call the duty doctor" She said and sighed. "I'm fine Emma, let's eat some breakfast and pack our stuff" I said and pulled away.

----------------

Short chapter.. sorry :/ (It's not good and i'm really tired. This week have been a bit frantic)

/Michelle