Chapter 21

"Jeffrey, talk to me, " I said, closing the front door and placing my bags on the floor.

Jeffrey mumbled something and rubbed his eyes.

"Please" I begged, touching his cold hand. 

"Don't touch me" Jeffrey hissed, walking into the bedroom.

To be honest, Jeffrey scared the hell out of me. He wasn't speaking to me and he couldn't even look me in the eyes. 

I looked down at my phone and opened a message from Norman.

Norman: Is he okay? Received at: 9:35 pm.

I didn't answer Norman. I just placed my phone on the kitchen counter.

I slowly opened the door into the bathroom. Jeffrey was standing beside the sink with his bloody shirt on, washing his face and hands with soap. 

"I'm sorry," I said, looking at him. 

"Don't be sorry" He replied, taking his shirt off.

"I need some time... alone," He said, placing his shirt in the sink and turning on the water again.

"Okay I'm heading over to my own apartment then," I said as I turned around. 

"No wait" Jeffrey exclaimed, grabbing my arm. 

"Don't leave, I'm conflicted," He said and hugged me tightly. 

"Jeffrey you're shaking," I said, pulling away and staring at him. 

"I was cold-blooded Emma!" Jeffrey said, looking down, not making any eye contact with me. 

"Jeffrey, he wrecked your motorcycle and he's trying to destroy us" I stated, placing my hand on his cheek. 

"I didn't want to scare you!" He said, looking at me.

"You scared me, but he deserved it!" I replied, trying to comfort him as much as possible. 

"I'm an idiot," He said as he hugged me again. 

"No Jeffrey, you're not an idiot! Stop saying that" I replied, rubbing his back.

"Emma I can't even get you pregnant or protect you, I'm old and.." He paused. 

"What?" I asked, looking him deeply in the eyes. 

"I'm not good for you," He said as tears started running down his cheeks.

"Don't you ever say that again, I fucking love you and of course you can get me pregnant. We have talked about this so many times Jeffrey" I said. 

"I love you with all in my heart, you are my everything, Jeffrey! You changed my life" I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"I'm dizzy Emma" Jeffrey whispered, placing his hand in front of his eyes. 

"Jeffrey... you okay?" I asked, looking rather confused. 

"I don't know" He replied. 

"Wait," I said as I ran into the kitchen and picked up my phone.