Chapter 17

"You should try a pregnancy test," Jeffrey said, holding my shaky hands.

"I don't know" I replied with a low voice. 

"Why love?" Jeffrey asked rather surprised. 

Many parts of me really wanted to take the test, but at the same time, It felt so wrong. 

"Darlin?" Jeffrey asked again, looking me deeply in the eyes. 

"I'm sorry, I just can't right now," I said and ran out to the bathroom. 

"Emma, what's wrong?" Jeffrey yelled, following me. 

"I'm dizzy" I exclaimed, sitting down beside the toilet. 

"Why didn't you tell me, sweetheart?" Jeffrey asked, cupping my cheek.

 "I don't know" I cried.

"Where does it hurt?" He asked, kissing my forehead. 

I pointed at my stomach and Jeffrey lifted up my shirt. As soon as he stroking it, I started crying again. 

"It hurts" I cried, digging my nails into his back.

"Is it period pains?" He asked with a worried look on his face. 

"I don't think so" I replied, holding his warm hands. 

"I'll drive you to the nearest hospital," Jeffrey said, picking me up. 

"I don't think it's necessary, Jeffrey" I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked, placing me on the bed. 

"I'm sure!" I replied as Jeffrey covered my body with a warm woolen blanket. 

"Please don't leave me alone in here" I whispered. 

"I'm not leaving you, never" Jeffrey whispered as he wrapped his arms around my weak body. 

"How are you love?" Jeffrey asked, holding me tightly into his embrace. 

"Still dizzy" I replied, looking down at myself. 

"Maybe some chocolate or snacks can calm down your pain," Jeffrey said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. 

"Maybe" I replied, smiling weakly at him.

Jeffrey walked out of the bedroom... and after a little while he came back with all the unhealthy food he brought earlier. 

"Eat this," He said, handing me a piece of caramel chocolate.

I took a huge bite of the chocolate and smiled weakly. 

"Relax Emma" Jeffrey chuckled. 

--

Jeffrey's POV

"How are you now?" I asked. 

"I'm freezing," Emma replied, closing her eyes.

I placed my hand on her forehead, and she was cold as ice.

"I think we need to visit the doctor," I said, leaning over the bedside table to get my phone. 

"I don't know Jeff" She replied and turned around. 

"Hey Emma.. are you okay?" I asked, forcing her to face me again. 

"No" she cried out. 

"I'll find you some clothes and then we're leaving" I stated, climbing out of bed. "Jesus christ, you're wan.... Emma" I said, picking her up.