Chapter 13

Jeffrey's POV

I arrived home after a long day at work to find Emma sat zoned out on the couch, her knees pressed into her chest. She had to be incredibly deep in thought as she took no notice of my entrance. I waited a moment to see if I stood there long enough that she'd look up, but there was nothing.

"Baby?" I piped up, she gasped in surprise, calming down as she realized it was me.

"Jeffrey you scared me" She sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, concerned laced in my voice.

"Jason was here to today, I ordered pizza and when I came out he just showed up out of thin air" She explained, her tone was firm, full of agitation and confusion.

"You mean to tell me that asshole was here?" I asked angrily, not with her, but the fact that that prick had the nerve to show up here again.

Emma slowly nodded.

"But it was weird, weirder than normal kind of weird" She uttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked her curiously.

"He was nice to me ... Like extremely nice. When I asked him to leave he said 'as you wish' before walking out" She explained in disgust.

"What is the deal with that guy? Does he have a death wish" I scoffed, annoyed at the gaul that idiot had. 

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he never shows his face in this building again" I retorted, pulling her against my chest, resting in the moment of comfort we found in one another's presence.

---

The next morning I woke up from a blissfully restful nights sleep. After the happenings of yesterday and everything that went down with Jason I had neglected to tell Emma, I had to leave for work. I rolled over on to my side, slightly shaking a sleeping Emma awake.

"What is it?" She asked groggily.

"I hate to spring this on you last minute, but I forgot to tell you last night. I have to fly to Georgia for the next week for filming" I explained.

"Wait, you're gonna be gone a whole week?" She asked sadly through her sleepiness.

"I know, it's gonna go by quick, and I'll call you every night ok, I promise" I stated, kissing her forehead. 

"Now go back to sleep, I love you" I whispered to her. 

---

After a rather smooth flight, I landed in Georgia and quickly made my way to the set. 

I had just got into my trailer to organizing my things when I heard the door swung opened. 

I turned around, assuming it was probably Norman, only to be met with the single person on planet earth I wanted nothing to do with.

I didn't even say a word, I just sighed and rolled my eyes, she didn't deserve the courtesy of my words.