Chapter 8

"I really enjoyed dinner last night ... Juliet is quite the character" Jeffrey said with an amused chuckle.

"Yeah, she is pretty cute" I giggled in response as I wrapped myself up in Jeffrey's sheets.

"Hey I need your opinion, should I or should I not shave my beard, it has been driving me insane lately" He questioned, stroking his scruffy face.

"You wanna know what I think?" I asked, crawling over to him at the edge of the bed, only in my bra and panties. 

"I love the whole rugged and dangerous look, it's super sexy and I love the way your scruff feels on my body" I whispered into his ear.

"The beard stays then" He chuckled, planting a passionate kiss on my lips.

"I can't even begin to explain how happy you make me" I blushed, intently looking into his sweet brown eyes.

"You make me the happiest man alive Emma Greene" He smiled softly, wrapping me in his embrace as we collapsed onto the bed in one another's arms.

"Tell me about these" I stated, tracing my hands over his various tattoos.

"I would love to, but I need to get ready, I'm gonna be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight" He exclaimed, rolling out of bed.

"Wait, I'm going to take a bath, care to join me?" I asked sweetly.

"Of course, you don't have to ask me twice" He smirked.

The two of us stepped into the bathroom, stripping out of our clothes and climbing into the warm water. 

Jeffrey grabbed onto me from behind, pulling me into his chest and I just rested against him. It felt like we had been like that for hours, I could have stayed like that for hours.

"Look at me," He said tenderly, and I turned around to face him, straddling his hips.

"Everything about you kills me inside," He whispered gently, pulling me in for a kiss and we began to make out, it was slow, tender, and passionate. He placed kisses on my lips that could ignite a fire in my belly. 

"Baby, I want nothing more than to stay right here with you in this moment, but I really do need to get ready," He said softly, pressing his forehead to mine. 

---

"I'll see you tonight Emma! When I get back you're all mine" Jeffrey stated, kissing me one more time before disappearing into the elevator.

I made my way into my own apartment for a change, it had been days since I last placed my foot in it and it was desperately in need of some TLC. Dust coated the majority of the place and it needed some serious tidying up and attention.

I plugged my phone into the house stereo and began my cleaning escapade. I hadn't been cleaning for more than an hour when my phone began to ring out through the speakers. I was speechless as I read the caller ID. I decided to do the latter and answered it out of respect.

"Hello?" I heard. 

"Mom?" I said hesitantly. "Mom I'm -" I began.

"Emma please let me talk first, I have something I need to say, " She said softly, her tone was caring and genuine. 

"Honey I'm so sorry for the way I reacted the other day at your apartment building. I was just in shock and I didn't know how to feel or what to say. I didn't even give you or Jeffrey the chance to explain and I'm so so sorry sweetheart" She choked out.