Chapter 3

After a long night full of restlessness tossing and turning, I unwillingly decided to get out of bed. 

I did my day-to-day neutral make-up routine and attempted to fix my messy hair. I groggily trudged over to my dresser and pulled out an oversized t-shirt.

An idea popped into my head - I was going to make some breakfast and take an extra plate down to Jeffrey. 

I made my signature blueberry pancakes with a sweet lemon cream syrup - it was seriously my favorite. 

I took ahold of the plates and strolled down the end of the hall. The sweet smell of the pancakes wafted into my nostrils, filling me with a sense of joy. 

I knocked on Jeffrey's door and tried to ease my happiness of seeing him again. I knocked once more but there was no answer. I began to feel slightly disheartened and turned to go back to my apartment. Before I was even two steps away, I heard his door open.

"Emma" I heard his sweet voice say. Just by the fluctuation in his voice, I could tell he was smiling.

I turned back towards his door, only to be created with his signature smile of his. But that wasn't the only thing that caught my attention. He stood there shirtless in a pair of denim jeans. 

I dropped the plates of pancakes. 

"Oh," Jeffrey gasped

I blushed and looked at his tattoos and abs. 

"Shit, sorry" I exclaimed, realizing the mess I had just made. 

Jeffrey let out a very enthusiastic laugh as an embarrassed blush creeped into my cheeks.

"Relax darlin'... I'll clean it up" He said sweetly. 

There it was again. That sweet word that seemed to make my heart beat faster, the way 'darlin' rolled off his lips was like sweet music to my ears.

"I just wanted to thank you for yesterday, so I made my pancakes ... and now my thank you is all over the floor" I stated with a nervous voice as he began to pick up the disaster I just had created. 

He was occupied just long enough for me to admire his tattoos and toned physique.

"I appreciate the thought, I really do! Since we were going to have breakfast anyway... I'll go ahead and order us something to eat. I know this brilliant take out place that has some really fantastic breakfast meals" Jeffrey said sweetly as he ushered me inside. 

I could tell that he was comfortable in his own skin, he wasn't fazed at all walking around me shirtless.

"Your apartment is beautiful" I stated, scanning the room and admiring the beautiful interior.

"Thank you very much, I worked hard on it" He replied, grabbing out a bottle of coffee creamer and closing the fridge. 

"You can walk around and take a better look if you so desire" He smiled.