Chapter 11

"We shall" I giggled, looking at Jeffrey.He grinned back at me with his sweet dimples before locking the door behind us.

"Emma?" He said, drawing my attention to him as we drove down the road towards my parent's house. 

"Baby, when we get to your parent's house, I don't want you to feel ashamed of me" He exclaimed, resting his hand on my thigh, gripping it firmly.

"Jeffrey, nothing you ever do could make me feel ashamed of you, no matter what anyone says, I love you" I replied, kissing his cheek, earning a smile and nod from him.

"I love you too" He chuckled intertwining our fingers.

The rest of the trip was silent. I couldn't figure out why exactly, but Jeffrey seemed so disheartened. 

I knew he was nervous, but it made me so sad to see him in such subtle distress.

"Sweetheart, don't be nervous, I think my parents are going to love you" I stated, squeezing his hand, as he gave me a half-hearted smile. 

We pulled up to my childhood home, Jeffrey took a deep breath before stepping out of the car. He stood there for a moment, just staring at the house, deep into his own thoughts.

"Ready?" I asked, taking ahold of his arm as we knocked on the front door. My mother answered, smiling sympathetically at me and looking to Jeffrey questioningly, ushering us into the house.

"Don't worry" I whispered to Jeffrey, releasing his hand. 

He did his best to be the best he could be. He smiled warmly at my mother. 

My dad came waltzing out of the kitchen with a half-cocked smile, and firmly shook Jeffrey's hand. 

My parents showed him around in the house, and I could tell that they were all equally making an effort, they just needed to have a chance to break the ice with each other.

Jeffrey's POV

I sat myself down on Emma's bed as she rifled through some of her old stuff. I could clearly hear Emma's parents talking about me down in the kitchen. 

"Beautiful room you've got here" I stated and kissed Emma on the cheek.

She sat down on the edge of the bed next to me and stared into my eyes.

"Is it the wrong time to want you right now" She whispered into my ear and gripped onto my thigh. 

"Emma ... you know I can't control myself when I'm with you" I replied, kissing her neck. 

We were suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door and Emma's mom Patricia swung opened the door.

"Dinner's ready dear" She smiled softly, then glancing over to me.

We followed her out of the room and down the stairs to the delightful smell of steak and mashed potatoes. Emma followed her mother into the kitchen and I followed her dad outside. 

"I don't blame you," Her father said to me, pulling the meat off the grill. 

I looked at him with a questioning look on my face, unsure of what he meant.