Chapter 38

On the whole flight home, Emma didn't reply me at all. I felt extremely uncomfortable and nervous, and I couldn't wait to get back home. My blood was boiling and I kept calling her, but she didn't answer any of my calls. I won't say that it destroyed my last day in Atlanta, but It made me really nervous. The whole cast knew that something was wrong and they kept asking me questions, but I didn't know what to say.

Comic con was wonderful and the fans were really sweet, kind and adorable. The panels went well and the whole cast had an incredible weekend. It was nice spending time with Norman again and we had a lot of fun during interviews. We also talked about buying a house in Georgia and we actually planned that we would take a look at a few houses next weekend.

When I arrived back in Brooklyn, safe and sound, I quickly got my luggage and sprinted out to my car, which was still parked in the airport's basement parking. I quickly took off towards the apartment building. I drove way too fast, but I didn't care. All I wanted to do, was to make sure that the loves of my life, Emma, and my little baby, was safe and well.

I parked my car outside the apartment building and grabbed my luggage in the trunk. I took the stairs instead of the elevator, and I rushed upstairs. I quickly opened the door and threw my luggage in the hallway. I ran into the bedroom, unable to breathe, and to my luck I found Emma sleeping in the bed. She looked so innocent and pure.

I tried to get my breathing back under control by bending forward and placing my hands on top of my knees.

"You're killing me woman" I slowly breathed out.

Once I got my breath back, I walked over to the bed and looked down at Emma. She was sleeping like a rock, but she looked so cute. Her phone was laying on the nightstand, but it was on silent. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and walked out of the bedroom again. I slowly closed the door, trying to be as quiet as possible - I didn't want to wake her up.

I picked up my luggage in the hallway and closed the front door. I opened the door out to the balcony, grabbing my cigarette pack in my leather jacket. I lighted a cigarette and sent Norman a text message.

Jeffrey: Emma is okay and I'm back in Brooklyn, safe and sound. Are you going to watch the game tonight?

I looked down at my phone and to my surprise, Norman replied immediately.

Norman: I'm glad to hear that. Of course! GO Atlanta Falcons 😎

Jeffrey: Seattle Seahawks are going to beat their ass. Wait and see, Bubba! 😂

Norman: Love you too, Sugar!

I laughed as I read the last message from Norman. I stubbed out my cigarette and walked back inside. As I made my way into the living room, I realized that we still had coke in the fridge. I grabbed two cokes in the fridge and threw myself down on the couch, turning on the television.

After watching television for almost two hours, I started to wonder why Emma still was asleep. Considered that it was almost dinner time, It was a bit strange. I turned off the television and quickly made my way to the bedroom.

I opened the door into the bedroom and walked over to Emma. I rubbed her cheek and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, watching her as she slowly opened her eyes. "Wake up beautiful, wake up" I whispered.

"Jeffrey!" Emma exclaimed, opening her eyes.

"Oh my god, you gave me a shock!" She quickly added.