6.) Percy

When I woke up, I realized that I was late for my class. Again. I hopped out of bed, quickly dressed, and looked for my crab. I didn't see him in his bowl. I thought he had dug into the sand. I ran out the door to my room, and sprinted down the hallway. I burst through the doors to my classroom almost twenty minutes late. Everyone was talking.

"Sorry, guys." I apologized.

Hermione was standing in the corner of the room, looking confused. She kept on opening and closing her mouth, as if she wanted to say something. "Um, Professor..." She finally said. "You have a... a... Crab in your hair?"

"Oh." I said, embarrassed. "My pet crab." I picked the crab out of my hair, took out my wand, and turned it into a paperclip. I put it on my pocket. "So, today, you will be doing- What, Harry?" Harry had raised his hand in the middle of me talking.

"Where were you in the war, if you were good enough to be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Harry asked. Everyone went silent.

"Well," I said, fighting away the memories of the Giant War, "I was fighting a war of my own in America."

"That was more important than the whole wizarding world?"

"Yes." I said immediately. "It was bigger than the whole wizarding world. It had to do with my friends."

He pressed on. "You put your friends in front of the wizarding world?"

"Would you have let Ron die if it meant the wizarding world was saved? What about Hermione?"

Harry's face formed a neutral mask. "That wasn't the decision I had to make. It doesn't matter."

"You're avoiding my question."

"And you're avoiding mine. You put your friends in front of the wizarding world?"

"Yes. I did. And it was the right decision to make."

"Innocent people died." He looked furious.

"Yes. They did."

"You could have saved them. You put your friends first, and innocents died as a result."

"You think I don't know that? You think I don't know that people died?" There was bitterness in my voice. "Your war wasn't the only one with casualties. I lost everything to the war. Don't you dare tell me I made the wrong choice."

He looked shocked. "I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"Nobody asked you to." With that I left, and the doors slammed shut behind me.