“How does going back to my house and hanging around the track sound?” Scott asked us all. I lifted myself up on my elbows and looked at Scott whilst placing my right hand over my eyes.

“Ye alright I’m in” I said. Everyone agreed to it and we decided that we would also have a barbeque. When we decided to leave Blake, Jamie and Becki drove to Wakeside grocery store to grab some burgers, hot dogs and other food that we could have whilst me, Scott, Jake and Holly went to Scott’s house. Jason had told us that he was staying at a friend’s tonight and that his friend’s house was only within walking distance of Alex’s garage.

When we arrived Scott led us all straight towards the garden. “Let’s go get the go-karts” Scott said whilst leading us all to a kind of shed. When he opened it I saw four go-karts all parked up with two at the front and two behind them.

“Wow” I said.

“Right Holly, Hayden you take the first two and me and Jake will take the last two.” Scott said.

I climbed into the front one and looked at the fuel gauge to make sure the go-kart would be able to run and was surprised to find it full. Scott walked to the back of my go-kart and pulled the pull start cord which caused the go-kart to start rumbling to life. I pressed my foot down on the accelerator and drove out of the garage and down the pathway, specifically for the go-karts, towards the race track. I pulled up on the start line and turned around to find Holly, Jake and Scott all following. They pulled up at the side of me.

“Alright then 1 lap around loser cooks the food” Scott shouted to us over the noise of the engines. We all looked at each other and nodded. I turned to my left to find Jake smiling at me.

“Game on” he mouthed.

“Bring it” I said just before Scott shouted go making me press my foot onto the accelerator as far as I could. My go-kart moved forward quickly. We were all in one line at first until we hit the first corner. We all drifted round in one line until I took my foot off of the break and pushed down straight away on the accelerator which made me take the lead. I quickly looked behind me and saw Jake’s go-kart really close to mine and Holly not too far ahead. Scott was right at the back and you could see the determination on his face.

About half way through the race Holly started to come up quickly behind me therefore when it came to the corner I made sure I drifted it so then Holly couldn’t get past me any other way. It was coming up to the last two corners and I could see a bumper slowly come into my vision out of the corner of my eye. I turned to my right quickly and saw Jake there smiling at me until his go-kart suddenly jumped forward. I turned to see Holly banging her go-kart into Jake’s with an innocent smile on her face.

“HOLLY JONES” Jake shouted. I started to laugh and ended up taking first place as they were too focused on trying to get each other of the track meaning they both drew second place and Scott came last. I flicked the kill switch when I reached the starting line again and climbed out. I walked over to the grass at the side and waited for the guys.

“Damn girl your fast” Holly said whilst walking over to me. “I think we have a future driver” she said smiling at me.

“I know” Jake said whilst wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I actually can’t believe these guys thought I was good enough to be a driver for the Cobras. I blushed at their compliments.

“Thank you” I said.

“Hey did I say the loser cooks I meant the winner” Scott said as he approached us.

“Ooooo I don’t think so mister” I said to him.

“Oh really last one to the porch cooks then” he said.