Chapter 25

Hi Guys...

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Monday and I was sat in Jake’s classroom waiting for him and Scott to come back from the canteen with the food. Jake had given me a book to flick through which could possibly help me for the maths challenge final. At the moment I was looking at logarithms which are only A-Level but I thought I could get a bit of a head start for next year. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket which made me take it out and look at who it was from.

Hey beautiful... r u doin anything 2nigh? Adam x

I was a little shocked I didn’t really expect Adam to text me or anything. I know he took my number but it didn’t mean that he would have ever used it.

Hi... Sorry I can’t my mum’s taking me out to dinner Hayden x

I couldn’t wait for tonight... my mum was going to be finally home and supposedly we were going out for a meal. At that exact moment I got a text through from my mum.

Hey sweetie... I know I said that we would go out but Emily’s suggested that we go to hers and have dinner there... what do you think? Mum x

I smiled... I loved going to the Peterson’s house they always made you feel welcome and part of the family.

Of course... I’d be happy to go to the Peterson’s house tonight Hayden x

As I sent that I saw that I had an unopened message.

Oh ok don’t worry about it beautiful we’ll go out another day Adam x

“Who are you texting miss?” I looked up to see Scott and Jake walk through the door.

“No one” I said whilst putting my phone in my pocket.

“Hey you know you’re not allowed phones in school” Scott said whilst reaching his hand out towards me. I pushed my bottom lip out to him.

“That isn’t fair”

“Then who are you texting?” Scott asked whilst sitting opposite me.

“Fine... Adam” I said whilst taking my sandwich off of Jake as he had just bought my lunch along with his.

“Who’s Adam?” Jake asked quietly.

“The guy who Blake raced against the other night” I pulled the baguette out of the plastic wrapper that it was in and started to take a bite from it. Mmm... it had just been freshly made in the canteen... a hot spicy chicken baguette with salad. I could see out of the corner of my eye Scott look at Jake and then take a chip out of the tray he had in his hand.

“Hayden... you should be careful with a racer... they bring trouble” Scott said.

“That’s a bit hypocritical” I said after swallowing my sandwich.

“I know but you’re like my sister I’m looking out for you” Scott said. I shrugged at him.

“Anyway... where’s Becki today?” Jake asked.

“She’s ill... she’s convinced her mum is trying to poison her” I said whilst laughing. The guys already knew the situation that Becki was in and understood her situation with her parents.

“Did you remember to leave that slip out for your mum?” Jake asked. I nodded at him as I finished my sandwich. I looked at the time and saw that I had 5 minutes left before the bell rang. I stood up and took mine and the guys rubbish to the bin.